• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which rabbit is best

hawkylops

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, im just wonderin what is the best breed to bnd with a dwarf lop? im gettin my doe neutered in a week or so, but want the best breed to bond with her, i was thinkin maybe mini rex, english spot or lionhead.
im lookin now so i can either find one i really like thats neutered or one that can be neutered isnt a problem. would even have a baby one so it can get used to me and my family and other animals. before being neutered also gives pippa time to get used to been neutered and build up trust within me(she was fab till she hit puberty) she is 1 now and one 1 min she is llovely next min she hates me. also any advice on vets for neutering in leeds/pricesand also bonding would be fantastic.
thankyou x

hi :wave:

i don't think there is a best breed for bonding, as long as they take to each other size isn't an issue. i had nethies with an english and it worked great!

you need to give it at least 6 weeks after your girl is neutered to let her heal and more importantly let her hormones settle before you bond her anyway.

a rescue might be better for you so if the bond didn't work you could take bun back and try another and they are neutered most of the time which is a bonus.

the rspca in bradford at the moment have lots of neutered males looking for homes.
not sure about vets costs, i use Aire Vetenairy centre and have done for over 20 years. not the cheapest (my girls cost £85 each) but the vet Natalie is very rabbit savvy.
vets for pets charge about £55 i think. :)

Back