• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU I am at the END of my tether! *cry* UD P22 ARGHHHHH

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
These bunnies! They are driving me up the wall...... why????

I came down this morning to see that one of them (yes, I know its one, and I know which one too) has torn up the carpet I put in their cage and shredded all the lino protecting the carpet of the livingroom..... pee everywhere...... this is beginning to really get me down.... such a mess! Why have they become such destructors??

Ive tried everything now..... I am at the end of my tether. I only have one idea left and I do not know what to do if that fails.

Please RU, why have my buns changed?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I actually thought about putting them outside the other day :cry: I have all the stuff to be able too..... :(

*Needs a virtual hug and a magic ball to solve the problem*

Last edited:
:( Sounds a bit of a nightmare :(

Have they always been house buns? Any reason why they can't be outside? Maybe outside during the summer & in during the winter?

:wave:

These bunnies! They are driving me up the wall...... why????

I came down this morning to see that one of them (yes, I know its one, and I know which one too) has torn up the carpet I put in their cage and shredded all the lino protecting the carpet of the livingroom..... pee everywhere...... this is beginning to really get me down.... such a mess! Why have they become such destructors??

Ive tried everything now..... I am at the end of my tether. I only have one idea left and I do not know what to do if that fails.

Please RU, why have my buns changed?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I actually thought about putting them outside the other day :cry: I have all the stuff to be able too..... :(

*Needs a virtual hug and a magic ball to solve the problem*

It may be that they are bored, have they got enough to play with?

If you are unhappy with them in the house they will be unhappy in the house because they can feel how we feel towards them....

If you can safely and warmly keep them outside then it may be the best for all of you

did the reducing space not work then :( im sorry, its heart breaking when we cant figure out why... Holly had a patch of peeing on my bed, on the carpet infact everywhere but the litter tray and even when i entered the room... very upsetting being told by a bun your a nobody to them.... she did settle tho once she decided she liked me after all.

As much as I :love: my bunnies I know I couldn't keep them inside just seeing the disaster they cause outside! At least outside you can just get the hose out! Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea?

(big hug)

did you move recently?? sorry i cant remember :oops: if you have, could they just be a bit unsettled??

How big is the cage? I actually find my bunny is less destructive the more room he has. When he's confined to one room, he digs and pulls at the carpet with his teeth. When all the doors are open, he's happy to run about, or the majority of the time just have a sit down somewhere! He is far less destructive when he knows he's not stuck in one room.

Bored? Bored??? Do any of you actually pay attention to my threads? Cheese and crackers! These guys have more toys than I have! They have so many, that I rotate them to keep them interesting. They have dangly toys, a mirror, chewy toys, a little ceramic pot with different fruit sticks to chew on, a carrot tree with ALL sorts in there.... jingly balls, keys throwing toys, cuddly toys....... a fleece they love to dig and are allowed too......seriously, you have no idea how spoilt they are ! :lol:

And the litter box is changed every day, twice or three times topped with hay. They get treat hays every day. They get free range time every day. They get freerange time with the dog away every day too.......

They have always been housebuns, and NEVER been like this.

I'd go with outdoor bunnies - the best time of the year to make the change, that way their natural behaviour won't be so distressing for you, it's a shame because they probably had a great time doing that and were delighted with their work but of course it's not good for you. They have each other for company and they'll enjoy the sounds, smells etc - my rabbits would go mental if I brought them inside now, they are all much happier outdoors:)

(big hug)

did you move recently?? sorry i cant remember :oops: if you have, could they just be a bit unsettled??

Over a month ago though. :( And I purposely didnt wash anything (I was so tempted too) so the whole cage would have their smell..... toys.... everything.

Ive tried reducing the space, as suggested on here..... it worked for a while, but then started up again. I have rugs on the floor as Snowy said to stop them slipping, but I cant wash them fast enough or they getting trashed.

Its making me miserable. I love them so much. :cry: :cry:

Right guys, I have to go to work.

My last resort is to move the dog crate out of the same room as theirs. I have dont that now. We will give them a week or so and see what happens.

Them leaving puddles everywhere was one stress..... but I cant have them destroying my rented property. I just dont understand why this is happening. They are usually so used to change.... they often stay away at Mazdas house when I go to Ireland, or at my mums, where they have been introduced to dogs and not cared........

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wonder if its jealousy?? I have no idea. Ive moved the dog into the kitchen and they are in the livingroom. I PRAY this makes a difference, oh god please...... I dont want to have to send them outdoors........its not the same. I cant watch them all day and all night in comfort :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think people who have house buns must have patience of a saint! :lol:

I had my 2 in over winter & can say that I'll never be doing that again. It was chaos! :lol:

Buns & I are much happier with the current set up, they are outside & im inside with my hayless floor & unchewed lampshades. :lol:

Please dont feel down about this, try putting buns outside for a trial period & see how both you & buns cope. :)

As much as I :love: my bunnies I know I couldn't keep them inside just seeing the disaster they cause outside! At least outside you can just get the hose out! Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea?

^^^^^! when i have mine indoors for bonding or after an op it drives me crazy and i cant wait to get them back outside!! maybe try them outside and see how thay get on?
people with housebuns deserve a medal it must be hard work constantly.
Good luck, whatever you decide. XX

I'll be honest I havent read all of your threads as I havent been on here as much as I used to, so if my statement is wrong then just ignore as I dont have all the right information - But I would think its the smell of your new dog causing them to do this.

They might have been introduced to dogs and not cared but this is their space, and thats different unfortunately. x

Back