• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody else's rabbit come when they're called?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Poppy does :) She's very good for it :D But I have had her 4 years and she thinks she's a dog.
Donny is still learning his name, and unless you have food or want a cuddle, he doesn't want to know :lol: He's only been with us for 3 months though so I'm not asking for miracles yet :lol:

Yes, Floppy and Millie come running. Because I have used clicker training they associate their names with a treat. They also run into the house attached to their run when I go to bring them in at night so all I have to do is lift them out from there!

Lily used to, she lived indoors with us and understood all sorts of commands:
Lily come,
Lily no (although she ignored me so much she knew she was doing wrong as she used to shake her head in defiance! :lol::lol:)

Wheres that daddy/ wheres that mummy? which she'd go and run to the kitchen to beg for treats.

She really was a special girl :love::cry:

Yep Ronnie does :) He knows his name and will come when hes called, he also knows 'no', hes always upto mischief and as soon as i shout no he goes off binkying! :lol: I do love him :love: x

Pearl used to, i could call her from down stairs and she would come running to my voice :love: Alvin is deaf so does come running when he knows i am there but doesn't hear me calling his name. not sure about holly i think she may be deaf too as she is the same as Alvin, but she could just be stroppy :lol:

Inca does, i kneel down and shout on her and she runs over and puts her head on my knee :):)

Herbie - No way would he!

Poppy does :) She's very good for it :D But I have had her 4 years and she thinks she's a dog.
Donny is still learning his name, and unless you have food or want a cuddle, he doesn't want to know :lol: He's only been with us for 3 months though so I'm not asking for miracles yet :lol:

yuri dsnt when called but if i click my fingers then holding my hand down for a fuss she will come bounding every time even if on the other side of the room ^_______^

yuki however not so much lol but sits still for longer when fussing

Mischief does, and to her old name too, she's a rabbit cross dog! Trouble will come when he hears me outside the playhouse door, but not to his name :)

Mostly they do yes, they are however always looking to see what I've got for them when they get to me so I'm suspicious it's not all about just being obedient :lol:

Ali&Poppy I like your link regarding breeding - thats really good !:wave:

I just have to walk out into the back garden when the are free ranging and they come running to me. :love:

Im very lucky to have such confident bunnies! :D

Lola comes from wherever she is in the house.

Milo listens and then decides if he thinks there is food. lol

They both come to 'here you are' because we never tease them so if thats said they always get food.

They both know 'no' but pay little attention just carry on being naughty and then binky away.

Fiver does :) Ellie comes running if i rustle the treats bag.

Fiver also understand "no" and usually listens for about 5 seconds before going back to do it again :roll: If i shout Ellie's name then she stops doing something bad but i think that's mainly from shock lmao.

I just called Poppy to give her a bit of my apple, couldn't see her, when I turned around I managed to kick her in the face lol :? (Not hard:shock:) So I gave her extra apple :D She seems to have forgiven me :lol: She does appear in the most awkward places when we do call her :lol:

Mine do (ish!)
if I shout Sooty his ears twitch and he looks at me, whilst trying to deciede whether its worth moving. OH has taugh him to come when he whistles him (which annoys me for some reason) and he always comes to that, probably cos OH only ever whistles him over for treats or food!
Cinders is getting better at coming when she's called but I imagine she'll respond to OH whistling her more once she bonded with Sooty :roll:

Back