• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is carefresh bedding okay for litter trays?

helen01

Warren Veteran
I have just ordered some hay and food from the Hay Experts. I also ordered some Carefresh to use in Poppys Litter trays....then I had a thought...will she be okay with it or do you think she will eat it?:shock:

I used to use it with the hamsters and gerbils when we had them and they loved it. She currently has wood shavings (dust extracted) I know they are unsuitable but I have been conscious of changing too much for her in one go and this is what she was used to before we got her. She is fully litter trained now and just want to make her more comfortable.

I tried newspaper and hay but she pulled it all out and shredded it:lol::lol:

Carefresh is fine to use, many people move over to megazorb as it does work out a lot cheaper in the long run

I started with Carefresh (when they were neutered) - my local shop now sells if for £20 for the larger bag, whereas I could mail order megazorb for approx £15 for a huge sack.

I now use aubiose as I can pick a sick of that up locally (£9)

Carefresh is brilliant in litter trays. It's the only litter that all of my bunnies happily use without tracking it everywhere or tipping the tray up and wearing it as a hat.

I definitely prefer Carefresh to Megazorb as I found megazorb smelt funny (kinda like fish and chips)

I looked at megazorb online but wondered if Poppy would eat it. Has anyone had a problem with their buns eating megazorb?

Back