• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok/ safe to cage for one night?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I have to cage my 2 rabbits for tonight (They've been free range for about a month).

It's just a one off - but as they've had a couple off scruffles recently I'm a little worried. They've been ok for a week or two (touch wood), but I'm worried being confined will upset them?

The cage is big enough for them, but what if they fight and Binky can't get away? I'm really worried now! Like I said, they've been asolutely fine for a good couple of weeks and I'm hoping it was just an establishing dominance thing, but I'm just worried 'what if?'

Story of my life, I'm really one of the 'what if' people - it's horrible!!

Well people bond rabbits in small spaces so being in a small area will probably be good for them. :) Maybe add a little house/box big enough for 1 bun only so that 1 bun can get away from the other if needs be? :)

Why do you need to confine them? Can you sleep in the room if need be? Then you'd hear any fighting.

Back