• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very tempted but info needed please.....

Pinkpig84

New Kit
I have two rescue bunnies both girls and they live in our garden shed with a 2m x 2m run attached to the side, they have a cat flap to access this. We are looking to extend the outside area very soon as we just want them to be so happy :D The lady I got these lovely girls from has told me about two black boys she has that have been looking for a home for a long time and no one seems to want them as they are 7 months old now :cry: Does anyone know how well boys and girls mix? if they will be happy living in the same space or would I need to keep them seperate? I would love to give these boys a second chance but I don't want to upset my girls :wave:

Some great advice on the actual bonding process in webble's post. :thumb: Plenty of people on here have groups of 4 or more bunnies that get on really well.

All I want to add though is that there is no 100% guarantee that the bond will work so, if you do decide to take these two boys, it should be on the understanding that you may have to keep them apart from the girls if it doesn't work out. :)

Karen has made a good point about space if they dont bond. Do you have the space/ set up for two pairs? Also dont forget thats its double the vaccs cost.

Buying bales of hay can work out cheaper than buying small bags

I had 2 pairs both m&f -- I decided to try them altogether to make 2boys & 2 girls, its worked fine,.....But as KarenM says, it may not work and you need to have space to house them if it doesn't. :wave:

Let us know what you decide?

It might be worth asking a local rescue if they offer a bonding service for a fee. Bonding your owns buns is stressfull

Boys and girls are the most stable pairing - I have a male/female pair and so do many other people here.

I help out at a rescue and when people come for a rabbit to pair with their existing one we always recommend the opposite sex.

I don't know much about group dynamics but have seen lots of successful mixed groups so I imagine it would be worth a try.

The really, really important thing is that they're all neutered! Or you'll have a group of a hundred, not a group of four ;)

good luck if you do go for it and remember to post pictures ;)

Maybe the rescue would agree to let you take your rabbits there for a date to test the water so to speak, good luck I'd look to extend the run if you go with a quad, although I appreciate they might get to run around the garden a bigger run would be better for 4 bunnies :wave:

Back