• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are these animals?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
The signs were forgeign so friend has no idea what animals she's taken photos of :lol:

SAM_1005.jpg

SAM_1006.jpg

SAM_1011.jpg

SAM_1013.jpg

SAM_1014.jpg

SAM_1018.jpg

SAM_1044.jpg

SAM_1045.jpg

SAM_1061.jpg

SAM_1064.jpg

1. Coati?
2. Agouti
3. Not sure
4. Coypu?
5. Mara

I'm pretty certain on the agouti and the mara, not so sure of the others! I think the first oe is wrong but I can't really see the head shape properly.

Last edited:
1. ? looks like an otter face :/ but it can't be that ha!
2.Agouti
3.Prairie dogs
4.Coypu
5.Mara

Last edited:
1. ? looks like an otter face :/ but it can't be that ha!
2.Agouti
3.Prairie dogs
4.Coypu
5.Mara

dont think numvber 3 is a prairie dog... It wasnt acting right. ive never seen a prairie dog sit still, lol and these things never moved

dont think numvber 3 is a prairie dog... It wasnt acting right. ive never seen a prairie dog sit still, lol and these things never moved

Are you sure the two photos under 3 are the same animal? They look very different :?
The first picture looks like some sort of chinchilla but I really have no idea!
Not sure whether the first one is a pine marten but it does look like a mustelid of some sort! Maybe a tayra?

Are you sure the two photos under 3 are the same animal? They look very different :?
The first picture looks like some sort of chinchilla but I really have no idea!
Not sure whether the first one is a pine marten but it does look like a mustelid of some sort! Maybe a tayra?

Well, that's what Nat said :lol: Their whiskers look the same though!

Ooh, I found it!
I think the first picture under 3 is of these. I think the second picture is a different species but not sure what.

Number 1 is a pine marten
Number two is a Orange-rumped Agouti
Number 3 is a marmot
number 4 is a capybara, there is one on a farm here, advertised as a giant guinea pig :S

Last edited:
Back