• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with indoor buns

Do your indoor buns get to go outside?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Jacks in the garage :)
He gets let out into the garden at 12 pm
At 5pm I put Jack into the run and bring Lucky down from the attic into the garden and bring him inside the kitchen and dining room at 8 and at 10pm I take him up again :)
And then put Jack into the garage :)

In summer only, for a limited time and fully supervised.

My outdoor 2 get out every day all evening and unsupervised but because of Bungles long coat he is higher risk of fly strike and so he is only out for 30 mins at a time and supervised.

Mine don't, as they are in an upstairs bedroom and hate going in their carrier, which they'd have to do to go downstairs/outside :( I'd like them to have a play in the garden, but they sleep all day anyway so don't know if they'd be interested to be honest! They have lots of running space inside, although I know it's not the same as being under a big blue sky... :( I think they'd probably be scared too.

Mine don't, as they are in an upstairs bedroom and hate going in their carrier, which they'd have to do to go downstairs/outside :( I'd like them to have a play in the garden, but they sleep all day anyway so don't know if they'd be interested to be honest! They have lots of running space inside, although I know it's not the same as being under a big blue sky... :( I think they'd probably be scared too.

aww can't you jus carry them down? or are they not carriable rabbits

Yes but only when it dry and sunny and we'll be out there with them. I bring them down using their carriers. :)

only when it's sunny and I can stay with them all the time.

I don't trust their outdoor pen at all - a little bit of wind and I can see it flying over :(

Yep, on weekends in good weather they go on my neighbour's lawn :) (I don't have one of my own). I do think it's important to let bunnies have time outdoors *if possible* but I love the benefits of having them mostly indoors.

I put no as generally they dont, our garden is shared and not bunny safe, but we did take Sooty round to my OHs Mums garden a few times last summer before we had Cinders, he didnt seem to particularly enjoy it though!

last time i tried Alvin with outside he was very unimpressed he was back in the house under the sofa within 10 mins so now they are upstairs i don't bother forcing them outside just so i feel better about how i keep them. i think if i was to let them go out it would be a permanent thing rather than a constant changing of environment risking stasis type stress.

there are some pretty huge crows and seagulls here to so i assume my pair would be quite spooked by them :?

No but only because we live in a flat on the second floor and we have a common garden. Instead he has indoor grass :) which he can hop up and down on and eat.

I have a small yard and dont really use it so Hobbes only goes outside when he's holidaying at my mams, he gets to go on the grass.

Yes, every day from dawn 'til dusk. She's got a run for when we're at work and free ranges when we get home and at weekends until bedtime. :)

No. We are on a first floor apartment. :(
But would love too if given the chance. Pie used to go outside when I was living with mum. She wasn't too bad, but pretty nervous.

Early morning and evening if the weather is ok. Tilly would stay out most of the day if she could. Cheeky sticks her nose out and maybe has an amble to the grass. Munchkin won't even approach the patio door he hates it that much :)

Not yet but he will once I can afford a run. Our backdoor in our flat is catflap suitable so I'd like to put a catflap on it and attach a run or something but as it's rented we won't be able to, but I'll take him out unless the weather is horrid x

Back