• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scottish hill days - Ben Bhuidhe

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Myself and my friend went for a wee trip up Ben Bhuidhe yesterday. I wanted to get this one done as close to midsummer as possible as it's a 12mile trip with a 4 mile walk before you even reach the foot of the hill.

We started at the head of Loch Fyne and headed up a well-paved path up Glen Fyne.

Looking back over the bridge at the start
Bhuidhe002.jpg

My friend Andy made a couple of new friends but when he "baaaa'd back at them they went deathly silent. I can only assume he said something really offensive in "sheep" by accident.
Bhuidhe004.jpg

I found a new friend too, a little female smooth newt
Bhuidhe010.jpg

Glen Fyne was looking nice
Bhuidhe005.jpg

Bhuidhe006.jpg

Bhuidhe003.jpg

We passed by a heard of scary looking coos but thankfully they didn't seem that interested in us.
Bhuidhe008.jpg

Wee passed through some woodland
Bhuidhe011.jpg

and up the valley
Bhuidhe013.jpg

Until we came to the ruins of a wee cottage
Bhuidhe017.jpg

Then we started climbing
Bhuidhe018.jpg

Looking back the way we'd came
Bhuidhe019.jpg

I stopped to admire the view a few times
Bhuidhe024.jpg

As we got further up the rain came on and the cloud came down
Bhuidhe025.jpg

The final path to the summit came pant wettingly close to the edge of the cliffs a few times
Bhuidhe027.jpg

Made it to the top and despite my smile I was doubled up with back pain in this photo which was to cause me some problems on the way back.:(
Bhuidhe029.jpg

We chose a different path to come back down and passed a few waterfalls. I didn't get a photo of the biggest as I was hurting too much by then.
Bhuidhe032.jpg

Bhuidhe033.jpg

Hope you enjoy!:)

My idea of sheer bliss -well, apart from the back pain. Hoping you recover quickly.
Thankyou for sharing such a beautiful walk with us Crunchie.:D

wow gorgeous pics! where in scotland is this?

The start point for this hill is at the head of Loch Fyne if you're driving to Lochgilphead from Glasgow you'll pass the start point. The hill itself isn't really visible from the road though as you have to walk right up the glen to get to it.:)

What a gorgeous walk! :love::love::love: Thanks for sharing your pics! I have family in Lochgilphead, but don't know the area that well.

Back