• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies recognise their siblings/parents??

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
If they havent seen them since they were young?? Was just wondering if theyd instinctively know who they were?!?

I have 2 brothers, 1 came to me at 8 weeks old and another went to a colleague of mine. To cut a long story short, I ended up with both and they are bonded in a group of 7. I don't think they know each other, they pretty much stay away from each other, and when they do go near they often end up having a little tiff. So if they do remember each other they don't like each other very much, they were only apart for 3 months.

I have 2 brothers, 1 came to me at 8 weeks old and another went to a colleague of mine. To cut a long story short, I ended up with both and they are bonded in a group of 7. I don't think they know each other, they pretty much stay away from each other, and when they do go near they often end up having a little tiff. So if they do remember each other they don't like each other very much, they were only apart for 3 months.

Oooh interesting, thanks!

Anyone else got any experience with this sort of thing??

I had a brother and sister separated for about five months and they bonded and were comfortable with each other straight away once reunited whereas other bunnies have taken weeks to be fully accepted.

Mini is Mischa's daughter and they have a very strong bond but I think that is more because their personalities are so similar.

By my understanding and from asking a similar question in the past, the answer is a resounding no.

Once they've been away from each other, they tend not to.

By my understanding and from asking a similar question in the past, the answer is a resounding no.

Once they've been away from each other, they tend not to.

^^^^ this

Although my bonding of Polly & her dad, Alfie was the easiest I've ever done - they'd never met. Maybe "genetic attraction"?:lol:

Matilda noes gracie's her girl and vice versa, they tech havn't been seperated only via a metal pen but gracie still goes for her morning groome from mummy!

Back