• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The price of a dental?

It will vary widely from Vet to Vet. It will also depend on what is actually done, if radiographs are taken etc.

As a very rough estimate a GA/Dental could cost anything from about £65 to £150.

Radographs, about £40 a plate + interpretation.

i have no idea sorry but bella had her tear duct flushed and her teeth checked and that cost me £218

:shock::shock::shock: *gulp*

Binky and Shadow both had tear ducts flushed and teeth checked when they went for their neuters and total cost was about £70 each.

Edit to add: I've just remembered - Binky his his incisors reshaped as well.

:shock::shock::shock: *gulp*

Binky and Shadow both had tear ducts flushed and teeth checked when they went for their neuters and total cost was about £70 each.

Edit to add: I've just remembered - Binky his his incisors reshaped as well.

:shock: wow thats really good. it was £218 but if i had agreed to have an x ray done it would have been more toward £250. and the only after care i got was some baytril :?

I pay about £95 for a full molar burr under GA (including painkiller and antibiotic) - this isn't just snipping any spurs off, this is taking the time to do a full re-shape to try and help the teeth to keep normal for longer.

£150 upwards - £150 was for the basic GA dental 9and that was before the VAT increas and New Year price rises) - additional treatment on top of that is extra

Wow :shock: Pretty expensive then eh? And this isn't something you can claim on insurance is it?

No, I dont think so.

However, I believe that someone made a successful claim (Pet Plan I think) when the Vet stated on the claim form that the GA Dental was part of the treatment for an episode of GI stasis.

Cant remember who it was though :?

Wow :shock: Pretty expensive then eh? And this isn't something you can claim on insurance is it?

I think the general rule is if it's emergency treatment they *may* pay out for it, as Jane said, if your rabbit is in stasis and has no prior dental history it is likely they will pay out. If your rabbit needs dentals every 3 months they they are very unlikely to pay out.

Edit to add: I think there's also a possibility that one-off treatments such as incisor removal may be covered if the cover started before the teeth presented as a problem.

I know that Louise and Gus has had petplan pay out for dental work before. From memory, if there has been a previously recorded vet check with no dental work showing, some insurers will pay if dental problems are causing an illness - but will not pay if it something that is noted as needing doing but is not causing an actual problem at the time.

I know that Louise and Gus has had petplan pay out for dental work before. From memory, if there has been a previously recorded vet check with no dental work showing, some insurers will pay if dental problems are causing an illness - but will not pay if it something that is noted as needing doing but is not causing an actual problem at the time.

Yep it was me :wave:

As Santa and Jane said, Poppy stopped eating, after investigation the vet decided a dental was needed, as the dental was treatment for stasis Pet Plan paid out, they will not pay for routine dental, ie if you vet looks at the teeth and say they need trimming.

Trav's regular dentals cost me between £45-£65. The variation is dependant on any extra meds given. This is for a GA and a molar burr, with pain relief. Sometimes he has an anti-inflammatory as well, although without going to find previous invoices I can't remember anything else off the top of my head. :wave:

Back