• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse is Not Doing so Well Again :-( U/D A Few Pics Post 31

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Within a week his weight has dropped from 3.62kg to 3.45kg :cry:

This morning he has yet another infection in his nasolacrimal duct :cry:

As far as I can see his ears are not too bad, not as bad as they can get anyways. But my proper otoscope is US at the moment as it needs a new bulb and I cant afford it just now. So I only have a cheapo one which is not as good.

As instructed by C I have put Morse back onto Depocillin and Fucithalmic.
I want to avoid transporting Morse anywhere if at all possible. We almost lost him after the last car journey to the surgery :cry:

If necessary I will request a home visit for him

I have a feeling Morse is going to have to remain on abx for the rest of his life now. Since his Myxi Vaccination his immune system has weakened so much :cry: He will NOT be vaccinated again.

Last edited:
Within a week his weight has dropped from 3.62kg to 3.45kg :cry:

This morning he has yet another infection in his nasolacrimal duct :cry:

As far as I can see his ears are not too bad, not as bad as they can get anyways. But my proper otoscope is US at the moment as it needs a new bulb and I cant afford it just now. So I only have a cheapo one which is not as good.

As instructed by C I have put Morse back onto Depocillin and Fucithalmic.
I want to avoid transporting Morse anywhere if at all possible. We almost lost him after the last car journey to the surgery :cry:

If necessary I will request a home visit for him

I have a feeling Morse is going to have to remain on abx for the rest of his life now. Since his Myxi Vaccination his immune system has weakened so much :cry: He will NOT be vaccinated again.

Thinking about you and Morse Jane. He's a special, one-of-a-kind big fella, I know he's in the best of hands.

That is a significant loss, poor Morse. I hope it is just a dip and he will be on his way back up soon. *hugs*

Sorry to hear that dear old Morse is below par again. :( Is it worth giving lapizole in case the parasite population most rabbits have, according to my vet, has surged up a bit because of his recent infection and the reaction to the jab? :? It would explain why he's eating lots but weight is staying low. Just thougt it was worth mentioning although you've probably thought of it anyway :oops:

get well wishes

really hope morse gets better thinking of you and morse sending get well vibes and im sure you know what you are doing and are helping all you can good luck

Poor Morsey. Maybe he needs an even bigger breakfast to bulk him out a bit - I know he has about three courses as it is:D Is he being more active now the weather is nice? (It's not nice where I live, it's a monsoon, but it is summer so it may well be nice where you are!)

Back