• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adding another rabbit to bonded couple

Bunny Mum2b

Warren Scout
My OH and I have fallen in love with a rabbit in the PAH adoption section.

We currently have two happily bonded rabbits and although they have enough space to accomodate another friend with them - my head is telling me that its silly to break up a happily bonded couple to try to make a trio work.

We could easily accomodate another rabbit in terms of space/finance etc. but I don't want to have two families of rabbits - I don't want to compromise the set up of the current rabbits which is what I would have to do to accomodate a second family of rabbits.

Tell me how difficult it would be to bond a trio? Particularly adding another rabbit to a bonded couple?

The couple are happy - but not overly snuggly - they spend a lot of time a part, but do run to each other if scared, groom and fall asleep together.

I already know the answer I think - but I've really fallen in love with this rabbit - so thought I would double check just in case there is a chance it might be ok.

Well I am in the process of doing just that, so I hope its not silly! Are they laid back? The more laid back the bunny, the easier the bonding process, but honestly, its not too difficult to bond another into a pair as long as they have enough space and you neutralise everything before doing so.

I just adopted a Nethie, purely becase I wanted him :lol: I have 2 bonded girls already and I plan to introduce them.

Good luck!! Let me know how it goes.

My girl rabbit is the loveliest, most laid back rabbit in the world - she likes to destroy things and eat. At the moment I can't anticipate a problem with her, hopefully it will just be someone else to groom her.

My boy rabbit is a complete nut job (a nethie!) but he is very patient and nice to the girl rabbit so I think he should be ok.

You've given me hope!

Never tried before but would it be better to introduce each bun individually? The new one might feel threatened by two rabbits already bonded

Back