• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Polar and Pipkin!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
So far, loads of humping from Pipkin, and no reaction (other than running away from certain advances!) from Polar :)

I thought Pipkin might be a bit like that! Sounds like it's going well. Hopefully Pipkin settles down soon... If all seems well I might be able to get to you a bit sooner than Sunday to pick them up. Finish work a bit earlier on Thursday so could probably pick them up Thursday evening.

How are they getting on? Got their crate all ready. Going to have a clean tomorrow and make sure everything is bleached that can be and anything I cant will be thrown out. Then just need to get a nice new big carrier for the two of them to come home in :)

Polar has groomed him :D

And he has humped her more :roll: :lol: He gave her about 3 licks earlier though.. then decided he needed a groom/wash more than her!

Aww sounds like it's going well! :D Pipkin is a little OCD with his cleaning, always having a wash and hates it if he gets a little bit of dirt of him... Hence why he got gut statis when he was moulting! :roll:

Did a bit of bunny shopping today and got lots of nice things for them, they're going to be spoilt bunnies :)

Sorry for being a bit of a nusiance, I'm just a bit of a worrier. Worry far too much for my own good :oops:.

Do you think they'll be ready to come home on Thursday? Cleaned the part of the living room they will be staying in and bleached everything Pipkin has used today, just need to tackle the rest of the room now! Can't believe the amount of the stuff Pipkin has touched, get his paws on everything! :lol:

Pipkin and Polar's present pile!:

snl8aa.jpg

Everything pretty much ready now. Picking up a sheet of Correx on Wednesday so we can replace the tray in the dog crate with a sheet of Correx. Can have higher sides then and (hopefully) not so much Carefresh will get kicked everywhere!

Nearly finished cleaning everything... Keep finding more to clean though

Are they the wedding presents? :lol: :love:

More grooming from Polar, and more humping from Pipkin! Will try and get some photos up tomorrow. whenever I've tried, one has ran to the other side of the cage!

Hope the bonding continues to go well starlight, they've certainly got a lot of lovely presents to look forward to. :D

Engagement/wedding presents :lol: A lot of Pipkin's old stuff has been donated to my guinea pig as I couldn't clean it, she's very happy with the arrangement though!

Don't worry if you cant get pictures, I usually have to wait until Pipkin is asleep before I can get any pictures. They seem to always know when you have just got the camera ready.

Hope it all continues to go well, not quite the same in our house without Pipkin running around causing mayhem!

Pipkin hates one of my cats! And it is the one cat that wants to mother everything! Poor Pepper doesn't understand!

Still the odd bit of chasing, but with grooming too!

I'd say they would be fine to go home tomorrow, but it would be my mum here, as I will be back in Surrey today until Friday, packing :roll: :lol:

Oh no, what's he been doing to the cat? :roll:

It would be tomorrow evening that I'd be picking them up, between 6:30- 7:00. Would that be ok for your mum or a bit too late?

Hope the packing goes well! :)

Aww thankyou for taking those! Looks like they're getting on well. :D Pipkin looks tiny next to Polar!

Pipkin loves to stamp his feet, does it when you clip his nails, when he has injections... :roll:

Hope Pipkin has been well behaved for you.

Do you think the bonding has gone well then? I have no experience with this sort of thing so have no idea whats good and what isn't!

Pipkin and Polar's new house!

Planning stages:

2n16lxh.jpg

21manp5.jpg

f07xns.jpg

Nearly there:

1iehl1.jpg

All ready to go!:

14v49b6.jpg

Door on the side will give them access to the living room when we're at home. Door at the front will give them access to their run once they're ready to come out of the crate next week :)

Pipkin and Polar are home safe and sound:

29w476u.jpg

214p6ad.jpg

s13z9h.jpg

Were both a little stressed when first put in the car. (Within five minutes Pips has done a big wee... out the door of his carrier, all over the front of their nice new carrier and over the car seat... :roll:). Soon settled down though and spent the whole journey snuggling :love:.

Seems to be going well in their crate, no arguments yet. Bit of grooming from Polar and they're both been exploring!

Pipkin and Polar are home safe and sound:

29w476u.jpg

214p6ad.jpg

s13z9h.jpg

Were both a little stressed when first put in the car. (Within five minutes Pips has done a big wee... out the door of his carrier, all over the front of their nice new carrier and over the car seat... :roll:). Soon settled down though and spent the whole journey snuggling :love:.

Seems to be going well in their crate, no arguments yet. Bit of grooming from Polar and they're both been exploring!

Aw she looks relaxed :love:

She is a whimperer when being humped, so you don't panic. You do feel sorry for her though! There was no fighting or aggression in their bond at all!

Ok thanks for the warning. If I hear any strange noises in the night I wont panic! Nice to have bunnies in the house again, been very quiet with just my guinea pig! She enjoys having other animals around as well, they're at opposite sides of the living room so often watch each. When Pipkin is loose in the living room he usually goes round to the back of her cage and steals from her hayrack! :lol:

Back