• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy the lionhead's quest for love: UD Going well!

Bink

Mama Doe
Following an unsuccessful bonding attempt with lovely Linford, we dropped Poppy off at the rescue this afternoon. We had already picked out some potential suitors for her prior to our visit. Here she is sunning herself.

DSCF1274.jpg

We were all prepared with the names of the buns we'd like to see, and then Caroline said she had a group of "soppy" bunnies brought in to the rescue recently. She said their owner who had sadly become unwell with cancer used to show rabbits but following his illness had neglected their needs. Some of them have spent 5 years in a 3 ft hutch. This poor little man was infested with mites for goodness knows how long, hence the scruffy fur.

DSCF1295.jpg

Needless to say, I was instantly besotted. What's more, the little chap (currently named Womble) is totally human friendly (hence Caroline calling him soppy). I opened the hutch to give him some headrubs, as soon as I stopped he wanted more. We gave him some noms:

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

I thought I'd try my luck for a cuddle, and this is what happened.....

DSCF1306.jpg

I feel really *squee* about him, I had to share :) Of course, it is now up to Pops and Womble to see if they like each other, but I am crossing everything I can for the pair of them.

DSCF1307.jpg

Last edited:
He's been treated for the mites at the rescue, so he should be fine now, but it will take a while for his lovely fur to recover. Additionally he seemed quite weak on his hind legs because of being confined for so long. :(

UPDATE: I have heard from Caroline and things seem to be going really well for the two of them. It sounds like Sid/Womble is a little in awe of Poppy, and I hope she is letting him keep up, as his mobility is quite limited.

Hopefully will have them home by the weekend :D

Back