• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I complained in PAH today...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
There is a new Pets at Home store in Bury, it just opened today. I was in Bury so went for a nosy...
It was obviously very busy as it was opening day, they had a few stands in the shop eg. cat rescue, face painting and... wait for it...
A balloon modelling guy!!
What's wrong with that? You might ask... well it might have been ok if his balloons didn't keep bursting with a loud BANG!! :evil: All the poor animals kept jumping :(
So I found the store manager and told him what a stupid idea it was to have balloons in a store selling animals, as it was obviously scaring them all :( it was like bonfire night! He said that he actually hadn't thought about that aspect of it!???????!!! :? And he would make sure that the balloon guy stayed on the other side of the shop away from the animals (which is where he was anyway, you could still hear the loud bangs on the other side of the shop!!) and he apologised :? :(
Poor little animals... :(

It's thoughtless isn't it! I was in Milton Keynes PAH last weekend, they also had some sort of event going on. It was so noisy in there, loads of people and lots of children running around. I felt so sorry for the animals. :(

I'm sure in some P@H stores one of the requirements for geting a job there is having as little common sense as humanly possible :roll:

:? often the problem with people...we think things through later.....poor little animals...at least you made them aware ...perhaps put a letter in writing to the head office for them to pass on to managers for future consideration before they do it again! ;)

:? often the problem with people...we think things through later.....poor little animals...at least you made them aware ...perhaps put a letter in writing to the head office for them to pass on to managers for future consideration before they do it again! ;)

Yes Im going to do that :wave:

There is a new Pets at Home store in Bury, it just opened today. I was in Bury so went for a nosy...
It was obviously very busy as it was opening day, they had a few stands in the shop eg. cat rescue, face painting and... wait for it...
A balloon modelling guy!!
What's wrong with that? You might ask... well it might have been ok if his balloons didn't keep bursting with a loud BANG!! :evil: All the poor animals kept jumping :(
So I found the store manager and told him what a stupid idea it was to have balloons in a store selling animals, as it was obviously scaring them all :( it was like bonfire night! He said that he actually hadn't thought about that aspect of it!???????!!! :? And he would make sure that the balloon guy stayed on the other side of the shop away from the animals (which is where he was anyway, you could still hear the loud bangs on the other side of the shop!!) and he apologised :? :(
Poor little animals... :(

The manager is under a legal obligation to ensure that the animals have "suitable accommodation" and are not "interferred with" by things like "noise".

Because that is what is stipulated by the Pet Shop Licence Conditions that apply to his/her pet shop.

"He said that he actually hadn't thought about that aspect of it" is not an adequate excuse. As a manager, he is required to read, understand and ensure compliance with the Pet Shop Licence Conditions and ensure that his staff do likewise.

"Apologising" is not an adequate response, he needs to actually "do something".

i was impressed with my local pets at home the other day.

Some kids were running round being noisy and they were asked politley to stop :wave:

Back