• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H selling giant rabbits

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
Just been to P@H and they have a lovely giant rabbit for sale. I think its what is called a steel colour? (grey with flecks). I picked up the leaflet and i was horrified to see that it said the hutch size they recomended - 160cm (6ft) with a height of 60cm (2ft)! Thats not fair. should i contact them about it?

Just been to P@H and they have a lovely giant rabbit for sale. I think its what is called a steel colour? (grey with flecks). I picked up the leaflet and i was horrified to see that it said the hutch size they recomended - 160cm (6ft) with a height of 60cm (2ft)! Thats not fair. should i contact them about it?

You can do but until they start selling sheds I doubt they will change their leaflets as they want people to buy the animal and the necessary products to go with them.

The one in Cheltenham has had the same Conti in since April :(
At least they've kept her in the giant rabbit enclosure. It's so sad she hasn't found a home yet though. They've named her and everything she's been there so long.

Whilst not ideal, obviously, at least they are recommending a 6ft one and not a 4ft one. :wave:

(By the way...160cm is 5ft3...not 6ft!:wave::?)

That's a shame :( I remember a while ago they had them labelled as "giant house rabbits" which would at least suggest that they needed a bit more space. (Before anyone says it - yes I know it doesn't guarantee someone won't just stick them in a tiny indoor cage.)

Most people are reluctant to properly house a normal sized rabbit let alone a giant one *sigh*

There were 2 giants in P@H in the adoption centre saying they were from an accidental litter.. now if P@H are having accidental litters what hope is there.

Back