PDA

View Full Version : posting rabbit welfare leaflets

biscandmatt1
18-06-2011, 03:09 PM
my friend has a job delivering leaflets and we wondered if him posting some rabbit welfare leaflets at the same time would do any good?

do you think this would be a good idea or a waste of time? many people may not have rabbits, or they might just throw the leaflets away :?

but if it reaches and helps one rabbit, that's worth it isn't it? :)

he delivers to a different area every week so that's alot of leaflets.

or would there be another way to go about it - maybe a leaflet saying if they have rabbits would they like some free leaflets sent, and my email address for them to ask??

just an idea :)

DemiS
18-06-2011, 03:22 PM
my friend has a job delivering leaflets and we wondered if him posting some rabbit welfare leaflets at the same time would do any good?

do you think this would be a good idea or a waste of time? many people may not have rabbits, or they might just throw the leaflets away :?

but if it reaches and helps one rabbit, that's worth it isn't it? :)

he delivers to a different area every week so that's alot of leaflets.

or would there be another way to go about it - maybe a leaflet saying if they have rabbits would they like some free leaflets sent, and my email address for them to ask??

just an idea :)

Like you said a lot might be wasted but it could help. For people with rabbits, I think they're much more likely to read a leaflet than email and ask for some, I think very few would bother to email

Tamsin
18-06-2011, 03:27 PM
It's probably expensive to hand out lots of leaflets to people without bunnies so perhaps you could make a cheap A5 flier with a few basic points on and then a contact for more info or even contact info for other relevant places like RWA/local rescue. That way it doesn't hurt if anyone learns a few key points even if they don't have a bun, they might remember if they ever get one/discuss it with someone and if they do and what more info they are prompted to get it. For key points I mean things like bunnies main diet should be hay, about vaccs/myxo etc.

DemiS
18-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe ask him to only post to houses where he can see a hutch or run in the garden?

biscandmatt1
18-06-2011, 05:05 PM
not wanting to label everyone the same but the areas he posts to are not exactly the type of people i would expect to even care. :( the last rabbit i heard of round there was in a back yard and a group of kids were letting their dogs chase it. :( my nans sister and her friend rescued the rabbit though :)