• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

posting rabbit welfare leaflets

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
my friend has a job delivering leaflets and we wondered if him posting some rabbit welfare leaflets at the same time would do any good?

do you think this would be a good idea or a waste of time? many people may not have rabbits, or they might just throw the leaflets away :?

but if it reaches and helps one rabbit, that's worth it isn't it? :)

he delivers to a different area every week so that's alot of leaflets.

or would there be another way to go about it - maybe a leaflet saying if they have rabbits would they like some free leaflets sent, and my email address for them to ask??

just an idea :)

my friend has a job delivering leaflets and we wondered if him posting some rabbit welfare leaflets at the same time would do any good?

do you think this would be a good idea or a waste of time? many people may not have rabbits, or they might just throw the leaflets away :?

but if it reaches and helps one rabbit, that's worth it isn't it? :)

he delivers to a different area every week so that's alot of leaflets.

or would there be another way to go about it - maybe a leaflet saying if they have rabbits would they like some free leaflets sent, and my email address for them to ask??

just an idea :)

Like you said a lot might be wasted but it could help. For people with rabbits, I think they're much more likely to read a leaflet than email and ask for some, I think very few would bother to email

It's probably expensive to hand out lots of leaflets to people without bunnies so perhaps you could make a cheap A5 flier with a few basic points on and then a contact for more info or even contact info for other relevant places like RWA/local rescue. That way it doesn't hurt if anyone learns a few key points even if they don't have a bun, they might remember if they ever get one/discuss it with someone and if they do and what more info they are prompted to get it. For key points I mean things like bunnies main diet should be hay, about vaccs/myxo etc.

Maybe ask him to only post to houses where he can see a hutch or run in the garden?

not wanting to label everyone the same but the areas he posts to are not exactly the type of people i would expect to even care. :( the last rabbit i heard of round there was in a back yard and a group of kids were letting their dogs chase it. :( my nans sister and her friend rescued the rabbit though :)

Back