• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scooters dog/pen home extenstion

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi everyone :wave:,

for anybody whos been wondering scooter is okay and id say fairly happy hes a bit hrumpy at the moment as ive been very busy at collage and home. so as a result i dont spend much time with him and i dont get to let him out as often as id like to but thankfully i finish collage this this thursday comming so ill be able to spend more time with him.

this is how scooters cage looks like at the moment.

http://http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=15062011453.jpg
http://http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=15062011452.jpg#!oZZ8QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1141.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn588%2Fkaspeer05%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D15062011448.jpg

dont want to put to many pics i thought id also put one in there of scooter. hes still a pain when it comes to giving him a new home. hes not been using his litter trays again so ive resorted to using his old cage bottom. hes also been having a go at the rug again.

ive got more plans for his cage and im hoping to get him a hutch outside eventually because i feel bad with him being inside everyday and thought i could put him in the hutch in the morning and bring him in when i get in and have my mom watch him for the rest of the day. the only problem is that one of two thing could happen when i have a hutch outside either some one will nick it which is the least worse or some one could take scooter will hes in it so wat im gonna do is bolt the hutch to the side of the house if possible and put some very thick locks on the hutch doors.

the outside hutch thing is still being planned and im not gonna further into it until everything thought out and safe.

Hello shadow, your links didn't work so I fixed them :)

15062011453.jpg

15062011448.jpg

hi everyone :wave:,

for anybody whos been wondering scooter is okay and id say fairly happy hes a bit hrumpy at the moment as ive been very busy at collage and home. so as a result i dont spend much time with him and i dont get to let him out as often as id like to but thankfully i finish collage this this thursday comming so ill be able to spend more time with him.

this is how scooters cage looks like at the moment.

http://http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=15062011453.jpg
http://http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/kaspeer05/?action=view&current=15062011452.jpg#!oZZ8QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1141.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn588%2Fkaspeer05%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D15062011448.jpg

dont want to put to many pics i thought id also put one in there of scooter. hes still a pain when it comes to giving him a new home. hes not been using his litter trays again so ive resorted to using his old cage bottom. hes also been having a go at the rug again.

ive got more plans for his cage and im hoping to get him a hutch outside eventually because i feel bad with him being inside everyday and thought i could put him in the hutch in the morning and bring him in when i get in and have my mom watch him for the rest of the day. the only problem is that one of two thing could happen when i have a hutch outside either some one will nick it which is the least worse or some one could take scooter will hes in it so wat im gonna do is bolt the hutch to the side of the house if possible and put some very thick locks on the hutch doors.

the outside hutch thing is still being planned and im not gonna further into it until everything thought out and safe.

Hi your links don't work, you can copy the IMG code if they're pics and that way they come up on the post.

I'm glad Scooter is alright, sad he is still alone though:( and that your not able to give him more time, I do think in your shoes I'd have rehomed him to a good rescue and let him get bonded to a nice wifey bun and have a nice life as an outdoor bunny in a safe environment, I think your wise to be very careful, I remember you saying it was a bit dodgy where you live. :wave:

His set up looks great now. I actually love the big cage bottom as a litter tray. I think you've done really well with him. He looks so happy and relaxed.

Hi your links don't work, you can copy the IMG code if they're pics and that way they come up on the post.

I'm glad Scooter is alright, sad he is still alone though:( and that your not able to give him more time, I do think in your shoes I'd have rehomed him to a good rescue and let him get bonded to a nice wifey bun and have a nice life as an outdoor bunny in a safe environment, I think your wise to be very careful, I remember you saying it was a bit dodgy where you live. :wave:

i would have rehomed him but i cant now it wouldnt be fair on him and ive had him since he was little. so for me it would be really painful for me to do it.

i know hes suffering now a little bit but when i move out of my moms house he will want for nothing trust me. i have every intention of getting him a friend when im out of here and i would probably have more space for him as well.

ill be glad when im done with collage really i feel bad for him at the moment because he is completey loney but there isnt much i can do at the moment. i went up to see him earlier and he was being grumpy so im gonna let him out later when i have a more time to watch him in. i really wish that i could let him free range in my roompermantely but hes not got the right temperment to be able to do that with him. im hoping this summer when i get my room decorated and some furniture moved out of there that i might be able to do more to the room to suit him better as well as me.

That look brilliant. He looks so relaxed in there. Any plans for a lady bun in the future? :wave:

i wish but no by the time i get him a lady friend he will probably be 5 years old and hes 1 and a half now. :(

it all depends on how fast i can move out of this house really.

the only other way i could get a friend for him is if the bf decides that he getting rid of one of his and my mom will only say yes if i have a practicular bond with that rabbit like when i got scooter my mom let me have him because he was injured and she knew id get upset if hed had to go into a home.

its really annoying with the thing about scooter not being able to have a friend. when i see him i can tell just by looking at him that hes lonely and no amount of time i send with him makes much difference. i do try to get him out side in pen whenever i can to get him out of that room but between me being in college and its raining i dont get much time to and in winter i dont lt him outside at all too cold for him. hes actually never seen snow before i would love to introduce him to it but when him living inside he most likely get cold. :(

but it is upsetting for me to see him upset most of the time. i can tell that the cage has made a big difference to him but not enough.:(

Shadows new set up looks great! You should be really pleased :) You have improved things so much for him already, don't get down about it x

Shadows new set up looks great! You should be really pleased :) You have improved things so much for him already, don't get down about it x

i cant help it :(

im still trying to find ways to make his home as goof as i can. i havent got the money to be able to properly bunny proff my room fully.

today ive put him a secound level in on his pen part couldnt put one in his dog crate yet. i put it in because i remeber he liked his secound level in his old home. only problem is i cant get him to stop digging at the quilt thats on it.

hes a really big pain in the butt for a rabbit :evil:

i cant help it :(

im still trying to find ways to make his home as goof as i can. i havent got the money to be able to properly bunny proff my room fully.

today ive put him a secound level in on his pen part couldnt put one in his dog crate yet. i put it in because i remeber he liked his secound level in his old home. only problem is i cant get him to stop digging at the quilt thats on it.

hes a really big pain in the butt for a rabbit :evil:

ahh he's just being a rabbit. Count yourself lucky, my buns jumped all over me last night, dug and bit my feet, jumped from the bed to my desk and knocked everything off, destroyed a cardboard box full of my stuff (I'm moving house) and then weed right next to me on the bed, and all over my sheepskin rug! Didnt get any sleep! Wouldnt change them for the world though :lol: theyre just bored, there isnt a lot of floor-space in my room at the moment.

I found carpet tiles from the pound shop are good for second levels, they just stick on. Or a bath mat would be harder for him to dig up, and the rubber backing would mean it would slip less.

What do you need to do to finish bunny-proofing it? You never know, we may know cheaper ways of doing it :) Unless hes a major furniture chewer you just need to block off wires really.

Glad to see Scooter's house is getting better :) I'm sure you'll find that now youre there more to spend more time with him and let him out more he will actually be less destructive and grumpy :)

It's hard when you have to work a lot. I felt like i was ignoring my pets a little during my last few weeks of uni. It's not ideal but it has to be done. You've improved his life massively and I know you think he's being a pain when he's digging and stuff but he's actually having loads of fun. Bunnies love to dig. :) Will you have more time in the summer holidays? I'm sure you can make it up to him then. If you want a good, cheap toy for him grab a fleece from the baby section in Poundland. ;)

ahh he's just being a rabbit. Count yourself lucky, my buns jumped all over me last night, dug and bit my feet, jumped from the bed to my desk and knocked everything off, destroyed a cardboard box full of my stuff (I'm moving house) and then weed right next to me on the bed, and all over my sheepskin rug! Didnt get any sleep! Wouldnt change them for the world though :lol: theyre just bored, there isnt a lot of floor-space in my room at the moment.

I found carpet tiles from the pound shop are good for second levels, they just stick on. Or a bath mat would be harder for him to dig up, and the rubber backing would mean it would slip less.

What do you need to do to finish bunny-proofing it? You never know, we may know cheaper ways of doing it :) Unless hes a major furniture chewer you just need to block off wires really.

Glad to see Scooter's house is getting better :) I'm sure you'll find that now youre there more to spend more time with him and let him out more he will actually be less destructive and grumpy :)

i suppose ur right lol at the moment i get quite nervous around him because he keeps biting my feet ive started wearing shoes whenever hes out or when hes in cage lol ive never let him out for more than 2 hrs before i let hime out last night and he was only out for about 45 mins and then went back to his home all by himself and wouldnt come back out. at one point i thought i lost him some where in my room and instead i find him fast a sleep on the secound level. :roll:

with the bunny proofing its more a case of sorting out the walls in my room and finishing the decorating. im also looking to get rid of some furniture that is quite old and isnt really ideally with scooter. once all thats sorted out ill have to have see what hes like. its mostly wires that are a problem and also peeing on my bed as well i can tell when hes going to do it and luckly he didnt get the chance to do it last night but i wouldnt like to leave him alone for too long.

he was actually quite last night didnt do his usually choas that he does.

It's hard when you have to work a lot. I felt like i was ignoring my pets a little during my last few weeks of uni. It's not ideal but it has to be done. You've improved his life massively and I know you think he's being a pain when he's digging and stuff but he's actually having loads of fun. Bunnies love to dig. :) Will you have more time in the summer holidays? I'm sure you can make it up to him then. If you want a good, cheap toy for him grab a fleece from the baby section in Poundland. ;)

he actually has a fleece but i dont like to let him destroy it. he also has a couple of my old jumpers that he loves

Please don't take this as me having a go at you because you know I would never do that. But it seems to me that Scooter loves to dig at things. Some bunnies just love to do it. It's completely normal and I think you're misinterpreting his behaviour as 'bad' behaviour when it isn't. I think you're putting human behaviour and emotions to him. A bad child might trash his room but when a rabbit does it it's not bad behaviour, it's just what bunnies do naturally. And I think it's important to actually encourage this behaviour, but direct it where you want. What I mean by this is that while he loves digging and while he is digging he's not bored. Some rabbits like to chew, some rabbits like to throw things around, some rabbits like to dig. If you provide things for him to dig then you are making him happy and he isn't bored. If a dog rips up his bed you would be right to think the dog is frustrated or bored, but it's not the same with a rabbit. Now what I mean by directing it where you want is that obviously there will be some things you don't want him to dig at. He'll probably rip holes in them with his claws and teeth. So you should provide cheap things like a fleece or an old towel that you don't mind getting destroyed. You could get him a cardboard box with a hole in it and shredded newspaper and the fleece at the bottom. If the hole is just big enough for him to get into it should limit the mess of him throwing the newspaper around and although a few bits might get out of the hole, hopefully most of it will stay in the box. And if you can come up with some crazy ideas like that to allow him to dig in your terms because he loves it so much you are going to have an even happier bunny. :)

Please don't take this as me having a go at you because you know I would never do that. But it seems to me that Scooter loves to dig at things. Some bunnies just love to do it. It's completely normal and I think you're misinterpreting his behaviour as 'bad' behaviour when it isn't. I think you're putting human behaviour and emotions to him. A bad child might trash his room but when a rabbit does it it's not bad behaviour, it's just what bunnies do naturally. And I think it's important to actually encourage this behaviour, but direct it where you want. What I mean by this is that while he loves digging and while he is digging he's not bored. Some rabbits like to chew, some rabbits like to throw things around, some rabbits like to dig. If you provide things for him to dig then you are making him happy and he isn't bored. If a dog rips up his bed you would be right to think the dog is frustrated or bored, but it's not the same with a rabbit. Now what I mean by directing it where you want is that obviously there will be some things you don't want him to dig at. He'll probably rip holes in them with his claws and teeth. So you should provide cheap things like a fleece or an old towel that you don't mind getting destroyed. You could get him a cardboard box with a hole in it and shredded newspaper and the fleece at the bottom. If the hole is just big enough for him to get into it should limit the mess of him throwing the newspaper around and although a few bits might get out of the hole, hopefully most of it will stay in the box. And if you can come up with some crazy ideas like that to allow him to dig in your terms because he loves it so much you are going to have an even happier bunny. :)

i know what u mean and i know ur not having a go i couldnt put down everything i wanted to earlier was at college and was being watched lol but ill give it a go in aminute just sorting some thing around on comp and then im going up there to play with him and stuff. but he really does like digging and throwing things around and i know for a fact he likes ripping stuff mainly newspaper from the litter trays :roll: he makes such a big mess with that.

i didnt think it would be a good idea to let him got a hold of fleece and stuff because he likes ripping them and i thought he might also try and eat them which is something i really didnt want.

what type og paper should i use?
i have loads of newspaper but he likes to eat it and will if u give him the chance.:)

Back