• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowy has pasteurella

rineyroo

Mama Doe
Yesterday I noticed Snowy's breathing was noisy and she had a lbit of a snotty nose . I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with pasteurella and will need at least a month of antibiotics. They vet has said it's in the early stages. I'm taking Snowy back to the vet tomorrow. She's 7 years old and has never been ill before. She's had a problems with her teeth, but nothing major. As far as I'm aware nothing has stressed her, her companion bun Bandit is fine. Snowy is eating as usual but has been producing excess caecotrophs, but I'm guessing this could be the antibiotics upsetting her gut? If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Last edited:
It's possible it's the antibiotics. They do all sorts of things to poos. I hope the antibiotics get on top of it for her.

Yesterday I noticed Snowy's breathing was noisy and she had a little . I took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with pasteurella and will need at least a month of antibiotics. They vet has said it's in the early stages. I'm taking Snowy back to the vet tomorrow. She's 7 years old and has never been ill before. She's had a problems with her teeth, but nothing major. As far as I'm aware nothing has stressed her, her companion bun Bandit is fine. Snowy is eating as usual but has been producing excess caecotrophs, but I'm guessing this could be the antibiotics upsetting her gut? If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Or maybe just making the caecotrophs smell unappealing to her? :mrgreen: Agree probiotics should help. :wave:

Thanks everyone. She seems well, is eating and is her usual bossy self. I can't hear her breathe now either. :D I think she's going to be fine.

Back