• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elliot has stopped using his litter tray

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
He has always been brilliant but for some reason he has started weeing and pooing on the other side of his hutch:? should I move his tray to where he is weeing and pooing now?

Use two litter trays for a while, then when he makes up his mind where he wants to poo/wee remove the one he's not using :D

:wave:

I'd move it to the other side.:)

It most likely to mean that he decided he preferred the other spot, but losing litter habits could mean he's not feeling well. I'd definitely keep an eye on him.

I'd move it to the other side.:)

It most likely to mean that he decided he preferred the other spot, but losing litter habits could mean he's not feeling well. I'd definitely keep an eye on him

Agreed if he is pooing and weeing EVERYWHERE as opposed to him just chosing to relocate his latrine :)

If there have been any recent changes OUTSIDE of his hutch/run or the arrival of any new Rabbits that too can make some Buns want to re-arrange their own space.

Thanks everyone, he is just going in one place on the opposite side to his tray, I will pop another tray in so he has two:wave:

Use two litter trays for a while, then when he makes up his mind where he wants to poo/wee remove the one he's not using

I agree with jane, I did this after both my rabbits untrained themselves over winter (i blame myself for filling the hutch with straw, they obviously thought it was some kind of giant litter tray :roll: ) They now have two trays, one (the original) which remains mostly unused but is kept in for hay munching purposes as the bunnies seem to like having a tray each, and one tray for all pooing and peeing needs. Annoying little fuzzies are still insisting on peeing and pooing at the bottom of the ramp in a pile of hay they keep putting there. Annoyingly though the space is too small for me to fit a tray in :roll: so the hutch is stinky because the pee keeps soaking in the wood and I know it is reggie doing it as he is peeing up the wall, Ruby can't pee up the wall!

Back