• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Budgie Cage Piggie ....

Following on from The Duchess thread about Phoenix.

I have the piggie that was in the budgie cage. She is a she and definately in better condition on the outside than poor phoenix. Her main medical problem on the outside is bumble foot which seems to have spread up one of her front legs. She is being treated with Gorgeous guineas foot cream and metacam. On the inside her poo's are incredibly small, lots of them, just small. So she is having some pro biotics on her dried food, huge amounts of hay and a few veggies. Too many may send her into bloat.

She has had a dose of metatone as she cant have enough veggies to get her vitamin C daily. She is a good weight when she came in and my estimate is about 3 years old. Her nails are huge which isnt right and brittle (bad diet normally) I will be getting the vet to look her over.

She loves lap time in the evening but I will be trying to bond her with another female soon (breaking all quarantine rules) but she needs company.

Budgie.jpg

Budgie1.jpg

Budgie2.jpg

Budgie6.jpg

Budgie5.jpg

Budgie4.jpg

Bless her Jens.

She probably misses Pheonix very much despite not being able to communicate. Pheonix seems to know about grooming so maybe she did groom her piggy friend.

She's been washing our skin a lot.

Do you think her being a good weight is because she was able to eat quicker than Pheonix (closer to the ground/better dental health)? Because Pheonix is so skinny and struggles to eat hay properly. She tries but not much success.

Am looking forward to seeing photos as she improves as her feet in those photos are not good are they.

Thanks again for organising getting these guys to yours. You are a little lifesaver.

Awww what a relief for them both after what they've endured, I wonder if they do miss each other, I'm sure she'll be delighted to have some company soon of her own kind, poor little things were treated like toys in a toybox:( So glad they are safe.:)

I could cry,I really could.Such poor condition.Those little feet.Will Phoenix and Piggie ever meet again,I wonder.Would they recognise each other??
Looking forward to watching her recover to full Piggy Glory.xxxx

Oh poor little sweetheart. I hope she's better very soon - she looks adorable! Big kisses to you my little love xxx :love:

Back