• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are any of you worried...

VHD is scary, but as mine are vaccinated and there's no chance of them coming into contact with wild rabbits or stray rabbits, no I'm not.

no i'm not.

from what i have read and what my vet has told me, a vaccinated bun is very well protected against vhd:)

No and please please stop worrying.

Some people cannot even have their bunnies vaccinated due to long term health problems and they dont get VHD.

No and please please stop worrying.

Some people cannot even have their bunnies vaccinated due to long term health problems and they dont get VHD.

I'm going to be one of those :/

Ginger's already not myxi vaccinated, and wont be VHD vaccinated this year.

She probably wont ever be able to be vaccinated again. I can't worry about it too much, or i'd never enjoy her.

Rachy - the VHD vaccine is 100% affective - please don't worry. I know thats easier said than done, but your compulsion for the obsession can be dismissed using the logic and resource we are giving you.

No. I worry about lots of things about my bunnies- some legitimate worries and some that I just make up because I love them so much and am rather paranoid about them! I'm not adding another worry to my list!!! :shock: From what I read - they wont get it if they've been vaccinated. :)

No, I don't. Tamsin and Jane gave you wonderful advice on the other thread. I suggest if you're still feeling worried you should re read what they wrote.

You KNOW that if your buns are vaccinated they can't contract it. Ignore the bad thoughts. You being so anxious all the time can't be good for the baby.

If i worried about things like this all of the time, then having bunnies wouldnt be as fun! If it happens to one of mine, then it happens to one of mine, i dont think its necessary to live in fear if youve done everything you can to protect them.

If and when they do get ill though, i do get upset and blame myself, eventhough a lot of the time, theres usually nothing i could have done to prevent it and would have happened anyway.

NO,before the vaccine was available I had buns which died of VHD,it was always May when the wild pigeons came into the garden,my buns are free range.I have never had a bun die of vhd since they have been vaccinated xxxx

well there isn't VHD here but like I said in the other thread, i don't think anyone has ever heard of a bun that was vaccinated for VHD contract it. And I agree with this:

i dont think its necessary to live in fear if youve done everything you can to protect them.

No, but i am also like Graham and have one bun that is not myxi or VHD vaccinated due to ill health.

To be honest i don't really worry that much about her getting either, but i am not one to worry about things. I do my best for her, and at the moment that is helping her deal with her other problems, rather than give her a vaccination.

No, not at all.

I have also met a few people at the vet recently who have told me about how their rabbit lived to nine or ten even though they didn't know to vaccinate them!

I worry about so, so many things, I worry if I can't find anything to worry about but I DO NOT worry about VHD in vaccinated bunnies as they are 100% safe - and so are yours!

I had a bunny (Izzy) who was admitted to the rabbit savvy vets as an emergency and all the tests pointed to internal bleeding. The vet rang me to ask if she was VHD vaccinated, she wasn't as I'd only got her 3 weeks earlier. I asked, if it turned out to be VHD were my other (vaccinated) bunnies at risk - the vet said they were 100% safe and not to worry at all. Turns out Izzy didn't have VHD but that's how confident the vet was that my bunnies were safe.

Thankyou so much for all your honest replies, really appriciate it and the advice also.
I am trying so hard not to worry about this and last night, I took a big step and went in to the bunnies room in the clothes I wore in the car, I was s*****g myself and still am as I am waiting to make sure they are ok, my OCD is also trying to re-attack me and keeps tormenting me with horrid thoughts and words that it keeps repeating over and over again and making me believe that it is what I want to happen which is TOTALY NOT true, I love them with all my heart and would never want anything bad to happen to them which is why these thoughts distres me so much. :cry:

Back