• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos from our spay trip

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Well as some of you know, it was quite a journey, and a long one, by public transport! Anyway, here's some of the photos I took...

On the bus

The girls on the bus by Niseag, on Flickr

Then on the train...pain in the backside carrying all this!

Spay trip by Niseag, on Flickr

Then checking on them, to see how they were *last photos of entire bunnies*

Jura in a huff by Niseag, on Flickr

She looks huge :shock:

Jura, just before being spayed by Niseag, on Flickr

Jura, just before being spayed by Niseag, on Flickr

Islay, just before being spayed by Niseag, on Flickr

Islay, just before being spayed by Niseag, on Flickr

At my feet on the train

Islay and Jura on the train by Niseag, on Flickr

Then after I dropped them off, this is Invergordon Vets where they were done, can't miss this building!

Invergordon Vets by Niseag, on Flickr

They were really good vets, and if anyone ever moves north, I recommend them :wave:

Then I had some spare time in Dingwall on the way down, this is the church

Dingwall Church by Niseag, on Flickr

Then my hotel room in Inverness - Wetherspoons

Wetherspoons room by Niseag, on Flickr

Huge bathroom

Just thought I would share :D

thats one hell of a trek!!! good for you getting them sorted though - and are they still doing well?

Cripes! Thats a long way to go for a spay - But wow, the nicest looking vet building I have ever seen! :love:

really curious to hear how long it takes to get there and how come there's no closer vet you go to?

really curious to hear how long it takes to get there and how come there's no closer vet you go to?

It was 2 hours on the bus, 1 hour on the train for them. Then another 2 buses and a train for me after I dropped them off.. I left home at 8.45am, got to Inverness at 3pm! :lol:

My nearest vet is 50 miles away, the next one 65 miles. The nearest is lovely but useless (she doesn't 'like' doing spays :shock:), the next one refused to let them stay over (and with my history of losing a bun before, I wanted somewhere they could spend their first night after the op with a vet). The third nearest vet was booked, so Invergordon it was. Invergordon are part of Easter Ross vets, they have three within about 20 miles, but only the middle one had appointments.

They were also happy to keep them over night with no extra charge, and seemed most knowledgeable! As I don't drive, it all had to be public transport. However my parents came and picked me up so it wasn't half as bad on the way home! :wave:

awww!!! how come you had to travel so far?? to find a good vets?? or just personal choice

A bit of both. They seemed the most knowledgeable and happy to keep them overnight. Plus, I really do live in the middle of no where :wave:

What a fantastic bunny mummy you are making such an effort to do the best for your babies. Most people can't be bothered to take theirs 5 minutes down the road :evil:

What a fantastic bunny mummy you are making such an effort to do the best for your babies. Most people can't be bothered to take theirs 5 minutes down the road :evil:

Aww thanks! It was really expensive, but all is well now, and they are fine. I was actually planning on keeping track of how much I spent on it all, but would rather not know :lol: :roll:

Back