• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use F10?

MichG

Mama Doe
I found Isabelle had a really nasty wound on her side (about the size of a 50p piece) which is slightly infected so the vet won't stitch (goodness knows how she did it!!) As we can't use rear guard as the skin is broken I am trying something called F10 which is a wound spray which also kills and repels flies and treats fly strike!!

Has anyone else used this and did it work?

She doesn't have fly strike but I am paranoid about it as the wound is so big.

Same as Jane - but I've not specifically used the wound spray one - interesting that it says it kills maggots with 5 sprays - I'm wondering if it's something worth getting for a first aid kit.

Not that it would be any substitute for immediate veterinary attention if I ever found any, of course, but it might at least kill any of the little blighters on a bunny off in the 20 mins it would take me to drive to my vet. What do people think - good idea to have on hand or likely to do more harm than good?

Not that it would be any substitute for immediate veterinary attention if I ever found any, of course, but it might at least kill any of the little blighters on a bunny off in the 20 mins it would take me to drive to my vet. What do people think - good idea to have on hand or likely to do more harm than good?

I think as long as you are sensible about it and realise that it is no substitute for a vet then it is a good thing to have handy. It has a long expiry date (I got mine yesterday and it is good until 2013) and it is far cheaper than rear guard and easier to apply! So even if you did get fly strike at least you won't have to worry about buying some at the time (so spreads the cost of vet bills!!)

Back