• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the difference of hay?

Quality, really. And I guess taste for the bunnies :lol:
My two aren't fussy but they won't touch pets at home hay at all.
I get Ings hay from hay for pets and its such good quality.

I just use meadow hay. im not buying expensive hay when they do just aswell on cheaper stuff.
:wave:

ETA: mine love their cheap hay! I buy purepastures. lovely and green :wave:

Last edited:
Ahh ok thanks, mine eat it but i wouldn't say in great amounts as it lasts ages. Only Pepper eats it but she was one of their rescues so she is used to it and seeing as it's the same price anyway i don't mind trying it out. If they don;t eat it, the guinea pigs sure will :lol:

Mine wont eat the cheap brown stuff you can get but they will eat p@h timothy hay or excel forage hay

same stuff but can be so very different... i bought two farm bales from the same place.. one was lovely and stalky and brown (my personal fave, not tried it tho honest) and it made the poops huge and golden, the other is softer and greener and makes smaller browner poops... the buns don't care tho they just munch munch munch.

i think the longer cut stuff from a farm bale is better than the shorter cut stuff that pe tshops sell but they do sell less dusty hay....

basically if your buns like it use it :D

Thanks, apart from Pepper and Raine who are the hay eaters although even Raine has started eating less i've been trying to get the others to eat it for 4 years. Everytime they will start off eating it and then the hay just sits there forever uneaten so i have to buy a new one and off we go again :lol:

if you ever find pure pasture meadow hay to buy try that, it was my fave petshop bought hay and if i ever go back to bagged hay instead of baled hay its what i would get :wave:

Thanks i can take a look online, we have 2 types of hay around here. P@H hay and the cheap local pet store hay not much of a choice :lol:

Back