• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do You Weigh Your Rabbits?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
What's the best thing to weigh a rabbit with/on? The kitchen scales are too small & the bathroom scales won't register.

When Dylan went for his Mxyi jab this week the Vet thought he felt a bit skinny (he is a Dwarf Lop & weighs 1.9kg). Trouble is although he is aged 2, there is no inputed weight on his records to compare.
I'm not totally convinced he's lost weight-he has always been more fluff than anything but as he is moulting at the mo he does feel skinner along his topline.
Anyway to put my mind at rest I have slightly upped his pellets on the Vets advice & would like to get something so I can monitor his weight at home.

Any reccomendations appreciated (aswell as where to purchase)? Thanx.

Could you sit him in a bowl on the kitchen scales? :wave:

I'd of though 1.9kg for a dwarf lop is a bit small seeing as Sebastian my nethie is 1.5kg :?

Could you sit him in a bowl on the kitchen scales? :wave:

I'd of though 1.9kg for a dwarf lop is a bit small seeing as Sebastian my nethie is 1.5kg :?

some nethies are heavier then standard though, lol bless you r nethie he weigh more then both my mini lops

some nethies are heavier then standard though, lol bless you r nethie he weigh more then both my mini lops

Sebastians well over the standard :lol: but comparing him to CarlyS's dwarf lops he's tiny (although her mini is the same sort of size) :wave:

Awwh, how much do Locks and Mabel weigh? :love:

I put Hobbes in a hessian bag for life and plonk him on the bathroom scales using the lb or kg setting.

Sebastians well over the standard :lol: but comparing him to CarlyS's dwarf lops he's tiny (although her mini is the same sort of size) :wave:

Awwh, how much do Locks and Mabel weigh? :love:

locks was alittle up yesterday at vets 1.46kg previous 1.43kg

and mabel was 0.98kg up from 0.96kg

ive just ordered some digital kitchen scales as i was thinking it was cruel trying to sit them in the top bit of mums weighing scales especially locksley :lol:

I put Hobbes in a hessian bag for life and plonk him on the bathroom scales using the lb or kg setting.

:lol: we did this with rosie once put her in a bag adn put it on the suitcase weighing scales, should of seen her face, my sister was in stiches :lol:

locks was alittle up yesterday at vets 1.46kg previous 1.43kg

and mabel was 0.98kg up from 0.96kg

ive just ordered some digital kitchen scales as i was thinking it was cruel trying to sit them in the top bit of mums weighing scales especially locksley :lol:

n'awwh so diddy! :love:

Back