• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bungee's still got an upset tum....*UPDATE EMERGENCY TRIP TO VETS*

clarebear

Mama Doe
Took Bungee to the vets on Wednesday for her VHD injection, but when I told her that she had a sticky bum she decided not to do it. Bungee has been on Fibreplex for the last two days and I am due to take her back to the vets today. However, she still has sticky poops this morning, so I can't think that they will do her injection. Is it worth taking her to the vets, or shall I just ring them an explain the situation and ask if I should continue with the fibreplex, or would it be better to take her anyway?

Last edited:
I personally think Bungee's gut isn't doing too well right now, i certainly wouldnt risk a VHD Vaccination or Myxi Vaccination right now.

I think maybe some probiotics might help - perhaps biolapis and maybe profibre pellets?

I'd ask the vet for their recommendations.

Just rang, and the vets said to take her in for an examination. Now I'm worried :cry: It won't be anything serious will it? I am hoping it is just down to her eating leaves in the garden.

Just rang, and the vets said to take her in for an examination. Now I'm worried :cry: It won't be anything serious will it? I am hoping it is just down to her eating leaves in the garden.

Unfortunately, there are so many things it could be.

fluffybunny's bun Twinkle was on a hay/water only diet for about 4 months i *think* and even certain hays upset her tummy. I'll see if i can find thr thread for you.

Unfortunately, there are so many things it could be.

fluffybunny's bun Twinkle was on a hay/water only diet for about 4 months i *think* and even certain hays upset her tummy. I'll see if i can find thr thread for you.

Thank you :wave:

Took Bungee to the vets yesterday and she got her VHD jab. Vet said to keep her on hay and water and to continue with the fibreplex. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Just got to keep her away from those pesky leaves in the garden :roll:

Just got back from taking both Bungee and Bramble to the emergency vets. We were just cleaning them both out before going away for the weekend, and we noticed that Bungee was not her usual self at all. She had done dome runny poops and some blackish looking poops and there were uneaten caeotrophs again, also she was not eating her hay.

We decided to check Bramble's bottom as well as he had also done a few runny poops this morning and there was a little yellow thing coming out of his bum.

So off to the emergency vets with both of them.

They had a good check of Bungee and her tummy was fine, the reason for her not eating her caeotrophs and hay is because she has bad spurs on her teeth :cry: Aparrently her jaw is bigger at the top than at the bottom, so her teeth are not wearing down properly, therefore she needs a dental. The vet, who was so lovely, has given Bungee Recovery to be syringe fed every two hours, and she has actually started on her hay again already.

I am so annoyed that my vets didn't pick this up that I have decided to change vets over to the ones who do our emergencies. They always check bunnies teeth with one of those instruments so they can see right into their mouths, at my vets all they do is look at their front ones, and according to the vet today are slightly out of line! I'm seriously :censored: with my vets, how could they not have checked this properly :cry: Poor little Bungee.

The lovely vet also checked Bramble over too, and she said it was probably a worm coming out of his bottom, so I need Panacur for him, which they didn't have, but I will get on Monday.

So it's been an eventful kind of day here!

They both have an appointment at the 'new' vets on Monday, so hopefully we can get it all sorted out.

We are going on holiday on Friday evening and the buns are due to go into boarding on Friday morning. I hope everything can be sorted out okay before we go.

Sending lots of vibes, and thinking of you all . What a worry. :( Spenser's jaw is not perfectly aligned, so I make sure the vet checks his teeth when he goes for vaccines.

OH GOD no poor baby bungee is she ok :cry:

She's doing well, but will need a dental. Feeding her with recovery at the moment every two hours, and she loves it! Off to see the new vets tomorrow to see what they think. I'm pleased to find out what was wrong, but feel bad for her having to have a dental :( She's such a good girl though and has been out for a hop around the garden this morning, and is desperately trying to eat hay. We've had lots of poops so that good :)

She's doing well, but will need a dental. Feeding her with recovery at the moment every two hours, and she loves it! Off to see the new vets tomorrow to see what they think. I'm pleased to find out what was wrong, but feel bad for her having to have a dental :( She's such a good girl though and has been out for a hop around the garden this morning, and is desperately trying to eat hay. We've had lots of poops so that good :)

oh the poor wee angel, shes such a hay monster too :(

did the vet say if it was a deformity?
ill have her brothers checked out and let her sisters and brothers owners check too!:shock:

oh the poor wee angel, shes such a hay monster too :(

did the vet say if it was a deformity?
ill have her brothers checked out and let her sisters and brothers owners check too!:shock:

She loves her hay so much!

The vet said it was very common in pedigree breeds, so it might be worth getting her brother's and sister's checked too. Finger's crossed they are all okay.

Say Hello to Bungee's Mum and Dad from us all, and all the other buns :love:

Good news - no dental required!.......at least not at the moment!

Took Bungee and Bramble to see the new vets today, and they were lovely. Much more 'bunny friendly' ♥ :D

They said Bungee's teeth weren't great, a little uneven, but no need for a dental at the moment! The vet prescribed some Timothy Hay, which they are both currently munching on, so keeping fingers and paws crossed!

I'm sooooo happy! :love:

Great news! :D:D:D I tried Spenser with Timothy hay, but he doesn't care for it very much. I hope B&B continue to nom it and keep Bungee's teeth as good as possible.

Back