• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - advice needed!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Grim's not eating much.
He's on Baytril. I usually give it to him on bread but as he's not eating it I can't.

Do I miss a dose tonight so I don't stress him out. Or wrap him in a towel and give it by syringe so he doesn't miss a dose, but it will stress him out a lot and might put him off eating?

What would you do? Thanks.

I don't think anyone's on. I offered him some on bread and but he didn't eat it. I'm not syringing it to him. He's had some raisins and has food available. Will keep you updated.

if he is quite poorly you would be better syringing it to him, missing a dose could be more harmful in the long run then stressing him out
its vital you do the full antibiotic course

Does he have teeth issues? If so maybe something soft would go down better, like critical care, pellets mushed in water, or mashed banana?

eta- also what is he like when syringe feeding? My bun will happily suck on the end of a syringe if its got carrot juice or apple juice in with the meds

Updated properly on the other thread (sorry for making two, I was a bit panicky last night). He's eaten a little this morning and had some antibiotics. I didn't give him any last night as the snuffles are brought on by stress as he wasn't eating. I though the stress of syringing it to him could not only worsen the snuffles but stop him eating for even longer. Perhaps the wrong decision, but I thought it was best at the time. Thanks for your advice though.

Updated properly on the other thread (sorry for making two, I was a bit panicky last night). He's eaten a little this morning and had some antibiotics. I didn't give him any last night as the snuffles are brought on by stress as he wasn't eating. I though the stress of syringing it to him could not only worsen the snuffles but stop him eating for even longer. Perhaps the wrong decision, but I thought it was best at the time. Thanks for your advice though.

In your position i'd of done exactly the same, personally.

I know stress makes Gingey awful too and would have followed the exact same path if i couldnt speak to a vet who knew the EXACT situation.

In your position i'd of done exactly the same, personally.

I know stress makes Gingey awful too and would have followed the exact same path if i couldnt speak to a vet who knew the EXACT situation.

Thanks. :)
I can't really follow the rule book with Grim.

Perhaps the wrong decision, but I thought it was best at the time. Thanks for your advice though.

I agree with this too. I'd of told you to give him his meds, but at the end of the day only you and you alone knows how your actions might effect him. You have all the pieces of the puzzle so to speak and that gives you a better view as to whats best for Grim.

Back