• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They are beautiful :love: Every time i see you post and see them with their lovely glossy coats in your siggy i think awwwwwwwww gorgeous!

How old are they? Where do you get them and what are their needs etc? Sorry just very nosy as they are so :love:

Do they walk off tables if you don't put something in the way? Or do you have to give them little umbrellas?

:evil: the muggle returns :evil:

:lol:

no, it's actually a really sad story as to how the lemmings game was invented :(

(sorry, more info no-one asked for :oops:)

Walt disney was creating a documentary called white wilderness on lemmings. I don't know why, but they decided to spice it up by making out that lemmings were suicidal :evil: they put hundreds of lemmings on a giant turntable near the edge of a cliff, spun them round and round until they were dizzy and disoriented, then put them near the edge and filmed all the confused lemmings falling off :cry:
(that is actually a true story, not just made up - you can google it. walt disney also admitted what they had done)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZlr5Gf9yY

Oh, you've made me sad now! :( Poor lemmings! Why would they do that?!

It does say on Snopes that it was only a "handful" of lemmings, filmed to make it look like more. But still :(

Thanks for the info! REally interesting :D So their living requirements are quite similar to gerbils then with the deep substrate and tunnels etc.

That is awful about the "suicidal" lemmings. So cruel :( What on earth would posess anyone to think of such a thing :shock:

Back