• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im worried about my bunny :'(

Hi my bunny has been passing red urine for a few days now. Not all of her urine is red, it is reddy orange when spread out (i.e on fingers), it is fairly thin in consistancy with no clots of blood etc that we can see and she doesnt seem to have any pain when passing it. Should I be worried or is there a problem with her diet or something?

Thanks

Its more than likely actually food pigment.

Do you feed lots of carrot or apple twigs at all? :)

Pop a bit of white kitchen towel in wet reddish urine and let it dry, if it still looks bloody when it's dry then I would take her in for a vet visit. It sounds more likely that it's the Dandelions though!

It's probably the dandilions - you'd know if it was blood I think.

Sorry if you have already posted elsewhere but tell us about your rabbit/s, age, breed/size, feeding etc Neutered? Vaccinated? Panacured?

Not being nosey but a little background info can be very helpful building up the bigger picture.

Back