• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits - Grass - Recovering

whitehood

Warren Veteran
If a rabbit's ill and he/she needs recovering, if you let them play in a garden with grass would they recover quicker because they are in their natural environment?
Because they feel more comfortable ??

Like a human would feel better in a house better than their garden .. :?

:wave:

Depends on the illness.

Eg, if it was a GA they'd have for a spay/neuter then definately not imo.

I think they would be better off in the environment that they are most used to, i.e. if they are kept indoors for the majority of the time, they would be best off indoors

agree with graham
and also, it depends on their natural environment anyway.

if snowball was under the weather, sticking him in the garden wouldn't help because he is an indoor bunny.

if it's lucky or jack, because they are in your attic at the moment (correct me if i'm wrong) i don't think the garden would help them recover quicker.

Ty
Luckys in the attic
Jack's in the garage ..
They get free range time in the garden so theyre both indoors and outdoors

Okay, so GA for a dental then.

I wouldnt have a bun whos gone under GA straight back in the garden even if they were an outdoor bun, unless the vet has certified they are already over the GA.

But anybun who is 'ill' needs whatever is suitable for that situation, so its a bit of a moot point im afraid :)

I think it depends on the individual rabbit. In general, I wouldn't like to take a rabbit out of whatever environment it's used to if it was ill as that would likely increase stress levels.

Back