• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Firefly, its been a year already

Zara

Mama Doe
I... wasn't sure whether to put this hear or in Rainbow Bridge, if I've put it in the wrong place I'm sorry.

It's been a year today since I lost Firefly to a mystery sudden illness, despite rushing him to the vets I just wasn't fast enough and he died the moment the vet took him from my arms. Part of me wished I'd lever let go, he was content in my arms, looking up at me as his life faded.

I still miss him more than ever, I miss the way he'd binky up to me when I came home from college, the way he'd insist on me "binkying" back at him,the way he'd run circles around me before flopping down for a cuddle, the way he'd thump and tell me off with grunts when he didn't get his own way... the way he insisted on being worshipped by all in the house, the cheeky dominant egotistical little sod :lol:

He seemed invincible, he was so bossy and happy, so arrogant and sure of himself it was so hard to comprehend him suddenly dying at just three years :( I had him vaccinated regularly, fed him right, looked after him yet I can't stop blaming myself even today.

But at least I know he was happy, he knew he was loved and cared for, loved Batbunny, he had more happiness in his short life then some rabbits ever have. He made an impact on people, he changed so many people's views on rabbits and was loved by many friends and family. He may be gone, but the imprint he left will last forever :cry:

I miss him so much, but I want this to also be a happy thread to remember him by, so here's some of my favourite photos of him :D

Streeeeeetch elastic bunny!

noserubnaoplx020.jpg

noserubnaoplx012-1.jpg

(I look unsightly in this photo, I'm not fat it's just the angle I swear :lol: you can tel how happy 'fly is here though :love:)
STA71638-1.jpg

bunny031.jpg

"I R CHEF!"

fireflychef.jpg

"Dis mine nao?"

hyerbunny1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Aww he was lovely :love:And if that's you looking terrible then I must look downright disgusting every single day!!! :lol:

Such a lovley bunny. At least you have photos and memories to remember him by.
We never truely forget or stop grieving for those we care about deeply and who touched are hearts with happiness and love.
Binky free lovely one.

Back