• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting looks like fly fishing darts ?normal

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Kittens been moulting for a couple of weeks just fluffy stuff when u stroke her but i have noticed some chunks are coming out like a little 'dart' - i mean the hairs are attached to each other with a bit of ?tough stuff! They are mostly along the underneath of her jaw line u can feel it and then if u gently rub they come away, funny bunny tho she really likes it and goes all goey when ur doing it! So it def not sore and theres no rednedd just never had an animal moult like this before?

Hobbes' back end sometimes moults like this. He is at the moment actually.

Last time he moulted wasn't so long ago but I pulled most of the loose fur from his face (down his nose and between his eyes) but it didn't hurt him and he wasn't bald.

Hobbes' back end sometimes moults like this. He is at the moment actually.

Last time he moulted wasn't so long ago but I pulled most of the loose fur from his face (down his nose and between his eyes) but it didn't hurt him and he wasn't bald.

Thank you for replying glad it not something odd! She was an outside rabbit before shhe came to me, so i thought she would have quite a big moult with being inside now but they are just funny little clumps, its quite satisfying when u work them out :)

Hobbes is a house bun, I don't think he's had a full moult, I guess I'd know about it if he did.

Just his face and his back end seem to get tufty.

:wave: Thumper's always done this along his jaw line. He's an obsessive chin scenter! I find there's always a grass seed in amongst the base of the tuft. Yep I also ease them out when they're ready. He's nearly 6 & we've never had the slightest probs. :)

Scamp's been moulting little tufts all around his whiskers. He also has a big square on his back like a saddle and a Nike tick on his forehead with a little tuft right on top :lol: I just pull out any lose bits :D

Floppy has lots of the little darts coming out from around his tail at the moment. He hates being groomed there but he doesnt manage to get down to the roots at his back end so needs help.

Both Sergeant and Pepper get little fluffy tufts like this on their bums. They come away easily but they still hate me doing it!

Back