• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can haz cleen toez

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
But I iz not so dignified

DSCF6164.jpg

DSCF6171.jpg

He's lovely :love:. I'm currently rat sitting 6 boys who are great but stink compared to my 8 girls :lol:

Does the poor chap not have a friend?

Awww :)
They sound like lovely little pets, but im a bit scared of them :oops: I dont know what it is. :lol:

You should meet some. I've cured many people of their rat phobia. I'm yet to convince my mum to meet mine but she's 180 miles away so a little tricky to convince her to travel all this way to potentially just be scared.

Aaaaw. This is what happened with my first pair 6 weeks after I adopted them :(. They were 2 and a half though.

He is such a handsome boy.

This little lad is now 2 and 8 months. Few health problems but happy and doing well. Also thrieving off human company thankfully

This little lad is now 2 and 8 months. Few health problems but happy and doing well. Also thrieving off human company thankfully

Aaaaw. that's great. I have an old girl in my group who I adopted in October. I was told she was 3 but I think she could have been as young as 2. She is still with us but is blind, hard of hearing, has 2 lumps (neither of which are causing discomfort. Had one removed in november when she was stronger), she has HLD and arthritis but can still run in the wheel and climb the verticle bars of our explorer cage. She amazes us daily.

You should meet some. I've cured many people of their rat phobia. I'm yet to convince my mum to meet mine but she's 180 miles away so a little tricky to convince her to travel all this way to potentially just be scared.

I wanted to, but i dont know anyone with rats anymore. My friend had some but she used to torment me with them :evil:

Im sure i wouldnt be scared if i actually got to know them and their behaviour. I used to be scared of rabbits at one point, just the stereotype that they bite and scratch :roll:

Aaaaw. that's great. I have an old girl in my group who I adopted in October. I was told she was 3 but I think she could have been as young as 2. She is still with us but is blind, hard of hearing, has 2 lumps (neither of which are causing discomfort. Had one removed in november when she was stronger), she has HLD and arthritis but can still run in the wheel and climb the verticle bars of our explorer cage. She amazes us daily.

She sounds fantastic!
This little guy has an infection that he's stuck with, so has daily meds to keep it at bay, and he has a bit of paralysis in his back legs. He can still walk, but his back feet don't respond properly.
He's still doing so well though, eating like a goodun and loving cuddles :love:

I wanted to, but i dont know anyone with rats anymore. My friend had some but she used to torment me with them :evil:

Im sure i wouldnt be scared if i actually got to know them and their behaviour. I used to be scared of rabbits at one point, just the stereotype that they bite and scratch :roll:

I can definatly say rats are FANTASTIC :love:
I had a group of 4 and they are just amazing.
Out of the 20 odd rats I've known... I've been bitten twice.
Both times my fault, and when it was my own rat she didn't even cut me.

They're naturally friendly little things and make amazing pets :love:

just the stereotype that they bite and scratch :roll:

You must mean rabbits here surely :lol:. I take in rats with severe behaviour problems caused by hormones or mistreatment and I've not been bitten or scratched in months. I do have 2 very sore and bruised boobs where a bunny bit me 3 times because she didn't want to be put in a carrier at the weekend :lol:

She sounds fantastic!
This little guy has an infection that he's stuck with, so has daily meds to keep it at bay, and he has a bit of paralysis in his back legs. He can still walk, but his back feet don't respond properly.
He's still doing so well though, eating like a goodun and loving cuddles :love:

Sounds like HLD. Has the vet checked his joints? We put our old girl on metacam as the vet thought her knee joints were swollen. It has made a massive difference as she had given up climbing but is now almost as good as the others.

What infection does he have and what's the meds? Sorry for the questions but I'm a bit of a rat health geek :oops:. Vets round here never have a clue so I tend to do most of my own diagnoses and treatment plans so it's turned into a bit of a hobby

Sounds like HLD. Has the vet checked his joints? We put our old girl on metacam as the vet thought her knee joints were swollen. It has made a massive difference as she had given up climbing but is now almost as good as the others.

What infection does he have and what's the meds? Sorry for the questions but I'm a bit of a rat health geek :oops:. Vets round here never have a clue so I tend to do most of my own diagnoses and treatment plans so it's turned into a bit of a hobby

What's HLD? Her vet reckons he fell awkwardly at some point

I'm not sure what the infection is. He's on baytril.
I think my friend said it's some form of bactrial infection that's affecting the pigmantation? She couldn't remember the name when I asked though.

Back