• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big daft Hope needs your vibes ...update post42

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Hope my big daft frenchy girl isnt right .. she is wobbly and doesnt seem with it and has refused her tea ..(but did take a treat from my hand) She was fine a couple of hours ago :?

she already has mobility probs and has "funny turns" (left over from a brain infection she had a couple of years ago) but this somehow seems different..and worse than normal . I have started her meds again which i have to do from time to time and will check her in an hour .

somehow it feels different this time ... shes 6 years old and not the fittest of bunnies ....i have a realy bad feeling ... :( :( :(

I wonder if she could have had a stroke :?

I will go to emergency vets if i have to but would much rather wait for Carmen in the morning who i trust 100%

I cant lose my big daft lass :(..what will Franc do without her :(

Last edited:
omg hun...im sorry to hear this....:(

its how bertie was but he had breathing probs with it. The whole brain inflammation thing affects everything. Have you any metacam as i bet shes running a fever......berties was 40.4 and the inflammation of his brain also inflammed his undiscovered arthritis.

i didnt think hed make the journey...and if it had have been the bunvets which was much further away....im not sure he would have. We were picking bluebell up anyway the saturday so decided to take him there..if he died on the way...at least bluebell could see him.
We were so lucky..it was so horrible..i can only say i feel for you i really do:(

comeon hope......sending vibes to a beautiful big girlie. xx

angie hun...hang in there...you will have to do whatevers the best in the end. Berties 7 and weve had him since he was two. If bluebell had died as they thought she would..hed have given up....reunited she helped him recover as well. Bluebells reliant on bertie since her sister had to be pts:(

Heres hoping you can give us good news xxx

well Hope is still here .. I have to pick up some steroids from the vet this morning as these are what realy helped last time...even though risky with buns .
she is on panacur , baytril ..will be on steroids .

cant start the steroids until this evening as she had metacam last night and it has to go out of her system first .

my poor poor girl .. I NEED her to get better ... Im not ready to say goodbye ..not yet ..and Im sure she isnt ready to go ..

She has a nibbled a few dandylions this morning but nothing else . :?

She is still very wobbly .. and her head is pulling around inspasms to the left ..not tilting like headtilt..more as if her body is curling round . Its barely noticable when shes relaxed but when she tries to sit up or move around its much worse .
:?

Back