• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone used the p@h companion care vets??

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have any experience with the p@h vets?
This is the website for the one near me; http://www.companioncare.co.uk/tamworth.html

I have decided that from what my mom was reciting to me yesterday, that my vet isn't very small pet savvy.. She's good, very good, but when she talks about Poppy's teeth, sometimes it comes across as "this is all I know now" kinda thing. And apart from a dying rabbit :cry: (It was so sad.. The lady was crying saying she didn't thing Buddy was going to make it.. And me and my mom were just sitting there crying with her :cry: He died before they could help him :() and a guinea pig, Poppy is the only 'small animal' that goes there :? Our old vets were stupid and we couldn't understand the bloke.. and he man handled my Poppy :evil: Was way too rough.. She was 3 months old and he picked her up with one hand then lifted her in the air to look underneath and it cost £40! For a checkup on her eye.. WHICH we now know meant her teeth the dodgy but they didn't tell us that :? :cry:

The old vets and the vets we use now are the only ones close to us :roll: But the vets we have now have 2 surgeries so sometimes we have to go into Tamworth which takes about 15 minutes and pets at home is very close to that vets. And I have seen quite a few rabbits, small pets, parrots etc in the shop waiting for the vets and it seems nice and everything.

But I have no idea how much they charge for things :? Or if they're any good :?

Last edited:
Benjamin, as well as Evie (the cat) are registered with Companion Care vets at our P@H in Stirling. The vets there seem small pet savvy enough to know what to do and give me for Ben.
These are the same vets who are treating a P@H rabbit who arrived in a stock delivery with a broken leg, who's treatment has so far cost about £1000 and will be going up as she wont be homed for about another 2 months it seems!
They've always been good to us and are friendly too, and do many special offers and follow the special pet week.s

Benjamin, as well as Evie (the cat) are registered with Companion Care vets at our P@H in Stirling. The vets there seem small pet savvy enough to know what to do and give me for Ben.
These are the same vets who are treating a P@H rabbit who arrived in a stock delivery with a broken leg, who's treatment has so far cost about £1000 and will be going up as she wont be homed for about another 2 months it seems!
They've always been good to us and are friendly too, and do many special offers and follow the special pet week.s

I was just looking in depth on the Tamworth website and they look really good. Might have to go shopping again at the weekend ask them :lol: They seem quite genuine on the website :) Want to take her :):)

The P&H vets near me (Chingford) are great. :wave:

Thank you :D I really want to take her there for her dental checkup now lol :D

Ben had a dental check up today, as he was begining to get tooth spikes, but they suggested a change in his diet which has helped to prevent them getting going, and his teeth are great now! Hopefully they'll help your girl.

I'm registered with the one in Portsmouth and the vet runs 3 in the area and he is a rabbit expert, they really are brilliant but i guess it would be different depending on areas.

I've used companion care quite a bit and tbh, one of the better vets around here. But as any chain it will depend on the individuals working there :wave:

On the website for Tamworth, it says one of the vets enjoys working with small animals but I'd have to go in and ask I suppose :lol: It's just every other veterinary surgery that is even remotely close are super expensive :?

Back