• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dark brown/red wee?

steveg

Warren Scout
My wife said Peter had done this last night but I never saw it. Now he seems to have done this again in his run. He seems perfectly okay. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Buckley's pee is dark brown :D
The colour is affected by what they eat I believe.

Also, unneutered bucks tend to have pretty rancid pee most of the time, very rich in colour, delightful aroma :mrgreen:

Certain foods can cause this (I think it might be an excess of dandelions but I can't remember - try the search function on here, and the health section) but it could also be a bit of blood.

Worth getting him checked over by a vet though if there's no obvious cause, or at least phone the vets to check on their guidance.

Hope he's okay.:wave:

Thanks folks. Dandelions it is! He loves them, I'll maybe just give him a few less. Wasn't sure what it was, so I stuck my finger in it and had a smell :shock::oops:

I'm sure it's not blood and he seems fine. I'll keep an eye on him in any case. :wave:

Back