• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive been offered the neighbours bun or he goes back to rescue! (UD PIC & Video)

What rescue did he come from? Most reputable ones have it on their policy that they have to go back if circumstances change.

What rescue did he come from? Most reputable ones have it on their policy that they have to go back if circumstances change.

I dont want to mention the name in case I get in trouble...but Ive looked at their adoption process and there is a process - however it seems to mainly apply to dogs & cats...as none of that process was carried out when this rabbit was adopted at all.
I couldnt find anything either about the animals being returned to the rescue if it wasnt wanted anymore....but perhaps the owner was given some paperwork with that on...it should state that on the rescue but I guess then it also gives the message that animals can be returned adhoc if not wanted anymore with no thought properly given.

I know another rabbit was offered as a mate for this bunny...but the owners is not keen...so the rescue reluctantly has agreed to take it...but it may just go to pets at home.

So - I know he may go back there...but possibly not & I was really hoping that perhaps someone was keen on him?
OR advice on how quads work? 2 males & 2 females? Would this work at all when the females do fight....would a male each help them settle? Would the males fight?
Would Archie feel he has ownership over both females and fight another male off?

Loads questions...just am attached tot his little bunny next door who just desperatly wants a friend and to be able to free range...and is now going to be sold or sent back to the rescue & not understand why...breaking my heart:(

:( The bun came over just now & ran about near my buns...I went out and he ran away...neighbour chased him and he went under the decking and was asked if i can catch him when he decides to come out and then let them know - which was fine...bless him - he just hopped so nicely into the cat carrier...I feel awful...he is going back to the rescue (probably).

They dont want him, they will take him back, but they said they just feel like letting him go, he always runs away and even would put him down.:(

I feel so sad for him - unless he can find a home...who knows what will happen to him...:cry: he is such a sweety..

He has gone back to the rescue....and they were told he is not a bunny who can be handled, must not be put in a small hutch as he will esacape - he needs alot of room...and so they are putting him into an outdoors aviary with another pair...I just hope he understands and is accepted into the pair he is just being put into. I also hope that he is not suddenly seperated form any bunny friends he does make...:(
I feel awefully bad and feel like Ive let him down....he really liked me...:(

Thats all very sad. Is he going to be safe do you think?

I hope so....apparently the rescue told them that there are wild rabbits that are a few different colours and some even have lopped ears...so some must have escaped they said.:shock:
Im not sure if this means "some of their rescue rabbits may have escaped" OR "some domestic pet rabbits that must have escaped"...dont quite understand why they said this or what their point was.....:?
But gave me the impression that if he does escape...it may be ok cause others have survived?:?:? Not really sure to be honest.

I hope he is safe...who knows.....he wasnt even vet checked before he was rehomed by the rescue, neither was there a home check or anything. he is a lovely bunny....with a sweet temperament....just quite sad really...i hope he finds a forever home where someone understands him & loves him. He was very lonely. But with the fact that he "cant be handled" etc...it may ruin his chances abit...seems like everyone wants a bunny they can hold & cuddle.:(
I would have also thought the rescue would have possibly mentioned they would have him kept in quarantine before mixing him with their other rabbits...but I dont think this was mentioned...perhaps it was not thought it necesary to be mentioned.

Just feel really bad about him....thats the thing with animals...I adore them all & always feel like Im their last chance...esp. when no one else wants them...:(

Yes as Jackyshouse says a lot of us would feel the same in your situation - you badly want to help but have to hope he is safe and will be well looked after where he is.

Almost makes me want to go and adopt him! :oops::oops: :oops:

i think everyone on ru can relate to how u feel hun we would all feel the same lets hope his future is brighter :D

thankyou - thats very kind...I hope so too...but wondering how to earn more money so i can convince OH we can go get him some how...just the enclosures we have are just not big enough for 4 buns:(

Yes as Jackyshouse says a lot of us would feel the same in your situation - you badly want to help but have to hope he is safe and will be well looked after where he is.

Almost makes me want to go and adopt him! :oops::oops: :oops:

Thankyou so much guys...Ive felt so sad and just worried really about him...If I didnt have OH...:oops:...i would have maybe just made some kind of a plan....but I can afford him.:(

oooh....he is gorgeous...very pretty little man...who gave me lotsa nose nudges...and buzzed about me...I adore him...he does not like being picked up....but I think with time, patience...and of course some one who actually knows HOW to pick a bunny up..he would be ok.

Just let me know if you want to see him....I have a video i took one day I was bunny-sitting him...very cute:love:

thankyou - thats very kind...I hope so too...but wondering how to earn more money so i can convince OH we can go get him some how...just the enclosures we have are just not big enough for 4 buns:(

Thankyou so much guys...Ive felt so sad and just worried really about him...If I didnt have OH...:oops:...i would have maybe just made some kind of a plan....but I can afford him.:(

oooh....he is gorgeous...very pretty little man...who gave me lotsa nose nudges...and buzzed about me...I adore him...he does not like being picked up....but I think with time, patience...and of course some one who actually knows HOW to pick a bunny up..he would be ok.

Just let me know if you want to see him....I have a video i took one day I was bunny-sitting him...very cute:love:

Oh i'd love to see him :wave:

ok - so here he is!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Ive got a long video of him sitting with me on the grass for ages and laying right behind me and also next to me whilst I stroked him & fussed over him....but for some reason photobucket does not want to upload that one?

Does anyone know if there is a size limit on media?

So...I have a pic of him - which is actually the video start!
and a smaller video which I managed to upload...this was after I had spent time playing with him and had to go back to do some office work....he didnt want me to leave!
I aodre him...and now feel aweful after watching the videos...I miss him...:(

BUT here is the BEAUTIFUL LITTLE MAN!

Pic:
P1080445-1.jpg

Video:

Enjoy all! xxxx

o m g he is absolutely gorgeous.....he also looks like he has been looked after quite well (his fur doesnt seam matted and hes soooo freindly obviously lol)...they must of just lost interest in him.....u were right hes stunning :D

Isnt he just gorgeous....i dont know how anyone could give him up...he is so a lovely bun. But he didnt really act like that with the owners...I think he thought they would pick him up..so he legged it!:roll::lol:

He was loved and looked after..but just needs a secure home...and perhaps a vet check, neuter and vacs would be good too....:(

Back