• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes and advise please -Clover * she has gone now*

meadowsweet

Mama Doe
I am so worried about Clover.
I went away last week for a few days last week to visit my family and had arranged for a nice responsible person to look after the rabbits.
As it happens my OH was at home anyway but I am sure you can all relate to worrying about the buns anyway.
Well I got home Sunday night to be told he was a bit concerned about Clover as she had a bit of a snotty nose and was off her food.
When I examined her Monday morning she had a lump/swelling on one side of her top lip,took her straight to see the vet who thought it looked like an injury.No injuries anywhere else or on the other rabbits.
Has been having Baytril, Metacam, bio lapis and recovery mix but not getting better.
She has lost weight and just will not eat,cannot even seem to swallow mushed banana.
She is off to the vets at 0810 in the morning for a GA to check her out and have xrays.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Clover as she should look
clover-1.jpg

Last edited:
she's not around at the moment meadowsweet by my understanding.

That looks like an infection forming on that part of her lip to me?

Is your vet really rabbit savvy?

The fact Clover's not eating would really concern me - has she had ANYTHING in the last 24hrs?

I'm not sure i could wait until 08:10 i'm afraid if she's not eating at all :( Poor little thing. Could you mush up some pellets with water and syringe her at all?

Loads and loads of vibes for little Clover and her friends who must be very worried about her also.

Can you see a vet today? Rabbits who aren't eating are an emergency and probably can't wait until the morning.

will call the vets back again.
She has been able to drink a little and have tried her with dampened nuggets but she's just not interested.
Have tried syringing the Recovery mix into her mouth and she has had a little.
Normally she loves her food.:(

will call the vets back again.
She has been able to drink a little and have tried her with dampened nuggets but she's just not interested.
Have tried syringing the Recovery mix into her mouth and she has had a little.
Normally she loves her food.:(

Do you use the same vet as Sky meadowsweet?

I'm worried about poor little Clover now and obviously you are too - i'd get back onto the vets if you can, i know you'll do the best you can.

Topping up the vibes.

thanks for the vibes, no not at the same vets as Sky-O we live about two hours driving distance apart.
Have already tried two other vets practices and believe we are at the best one we can find in our area.
You are very lucky if you manage to find a good one for rabbits.
Have just called them and the vet I saw on Monday is going to call me back.
:(

thanks for the vibes, no not at the same vets as Sky-O we live about two hours driving distance apart.
Have already tried two other vets practices and believe we are at the best one we can find in our area.
You are very lucky if you manage to find a good one for rabbits.
Have just called them and the vet I saw on Monday is going to call me back.
:(

Any news?

just back from the vets, they are keeping her and Perry in overnight upping her medication and antibiotics, still going to do the GA in the morning and
xrays in the morning as they think its her loss of weight that is the concern and the reason behind it.....:(

I'm really sorry to hear that she is still so unwell :( hope Perry can keep her calm.

I really hope the vets can help get her going again. I would think metacam plus metaclop and abx but not sure about metqclop incase its a blockage.

Poor Clover.

More vibes from here.

It looks like a little sharp strand of thorn or something brown thread like sticking in the wound area which I think is infected aswell. Xrays will be good and will rule out a lot for your vet, I hope it's not anything serious she is very cute, at least they can give pain relief and fluids via IV if necessary in the vets, fingers crossed for you and her.

Clover has been okay overnight but having her GA and xrays this morning.Please let it be something treatable for our lovely girl.

PICT3181-2.jpg

:wave:
Sending you and Clover lots of hugs and vibes.

Hope it is something that can be treated.

She is so cute.:love:

Aww hopefully something minor, it looked like an ingrowing whisker on her lip, she is ver cute I hope it's good news for you both.

Back