• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

off to see the vet, (good news and bad)

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
Well this afternoon ben will be heading off to our local P@H, to see our lovely companion care vets. Ben's teeth haven't been wearing down evenly at the back, so rather than wait for it to get bad he's getting monthly check ups.
Was advised to change Ben's diet to include more hay to encourage him to chew and grind properly. This month we go to see if its having any affect. Would rather treat the formation of tooth spikes with feed changes than full on dentistry.

Vet thinks Benjamin is a lovely if odd bunny. He stands still to have the tool put in his mouth to look at his teeth. Plus the fact mammy can put a little finger in his mouth to feel his teeth over is unusual!

So about 2.15pm, one bunny will get harnessed, placed in his travelling bag and enjoy another car ride, he loves being in the car! Then gets a wander round P@H as a treat.

Hoping the vet says the change in diet is working. Would rather not have to give Ben an anesthetic, he took a long time to come round from the one when he was neutered, though he recovered really fast.
We may also get to see his potential bunnywife if she's recovered enough, the poor doe with a broken leg. That healed but she got a chest infection! Hoping to adopted her if Benjamin and her get on. OH says any female will get called Jerry, after the icecream brand.
*crosses fingers*

Last edited:
Its worked! Ben's teeth are apparently perfect and wont need checking for about 3 months, which is fab news.
Just costs a fortune in hay, as he only likes the herbage and camomile stuff from P@H. Only place I've got hay from other than Morrissons, which is used for bedding and not eaten. But he eats their straw!

Had some sad news though... The little doe who is currently being treated for both a fractured/broken leg as well as snuffles wont be available to adopt for a long time. The vet is also recommending that she goes possibly with staff, or to a home where she'll be an only bunny (or kept with a very tiny bun), so there wont be any issues with her leg in the future.

P@H have already spent nearly £1000 on her treatment! That surprised me as I know a lot af people would get the bun PTS, especially if not insured.

I understand this, but do feel a bit sad. Really wanted to get Benjamin a bunnywife. Now back to square one with trying to get FFiL to allow me to adopt one more...

Well hopefully I can find him a companion elsewhere.

Ben's now bombing about the house after been taken shopping. Started chewing on a grass mat so had to buy it! Was only after a new water bottle, but ended up spending over £20 on various things!

Well hopefully I can find him a companion elsewhere.

Ben's now bombing about the house after been taken shopping. Started chewing on a grass mat so had to buy it! Was only after a new water bottle, but ended up spending over £20 on various things!

:lol: easily done!!! surprising how much stuff i suddenly feel that mine 'need' when i've just gone to buy hay:roll:

Back