• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh! Biscuits covered in Sellotape!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
He's just been throwing a box around i turn around and he's pulled off a load of parcel tape and its attached to his left foot, and just under his chin.

Biscuit does not to handling.

This is going to be fun....

Bad Gray for not checking the box!

I have a VERY upset Biscuit :cry:

I've just had to hold him quite firmly on the floor to help get it off, i was doing it as gentle as i could, but he was so stressed. His eyes were bulging, his heart was racing and i only managed to do his foot.

He still has the part on his neck, but i can't get him to stay still to do it :cry:

I would call the vets, but i dont know if i should or not :(

I guess i'll have to try again later on. He's grunting at me if i go near him with food or at all now.

I think he hates me :cry:

Mylo did this a while ago too, i bought some new shoes and had the box on the floor, next minute mylo is running away panicking and when i look over he has a big sticker stuck underneath his chin!!! It did take a while to get it off him but he was fine after it, so wouldnt worry!

Can you just try and pull it off him when he walks near? Or is it really tangled in?

Maisie gets all manner of things caught in her hair, the only way she will stay still is if i grab a handful of pellets and let her gorge herself whilst I pull the object out :?

Can you just try and pull it off him when he walks near? Or is it really tangled in?

Maisie gets all manner of things caught in her hair, the only way she will stay still is if i grab a handful of pellets and let her gorge herself whilst I pull the object out :?

Biscuit is a VERY nervous bun, he doesn't really like attention unless its on his basis.

It's really stuck to his fur, he just keeps stamping now :(

Are you alone Gray? If so, there's probably little chance you would be able to remove it on your own with Biscuit being so nervous. I would be inclined to leave him be for now to calm down while you decide what's for the best - either to wait for OH to come home and help or whip him up to the vet where they can do it very quickly.

Are you alone Gray? If so, there's probably little chance you would be able to remove it on your own with Biscuit being so nervous. I would be inclined to leave him be for now to calm down while you decide what's for the best - either to wait for OH to come home and help or whip him up to the vet where they can do it very quickly.

Yeah, im at home working on my own, OH is out dress shopping :(

I'll leave him for now i just dont want him to ingest any of it if he tried to get it off himself :(

Will call the vet see what they think i gues.

Would it be easier for someone to keep hold and for someone else to cut through the fur to get it off? You'd need to be able to get a good firm hold though so as not to struggle :(

i have a few ideas but all involve holding him so no use! let him calm down for a while and keep him near you so you can stop him eating it.

Bless him! Bramble is the same and hates being handled too. Probably best to pop him to the vets for some help.

Back