• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Budgie Cage Bunny - Pheonix Rose- couple of pics P164

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
(WHERE IT SAYS HE, PLEASE READ SHE NOW AS WE'VE FINALLY MANAGED TO SEX HER PROPERLY)

Jens at Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue has just gotten a new boy to me after she was asked for help by a animal protection officer who has a dog rescue. He had gone to a property and removed a rabbit living with a guinea pig in a budgie cage.

Needless to say both are in dreadful condtion.

The bunny has bald patches all over his/her body which is skin and bone.

He's very handsome. His personality is amazing, but goodness only knows about his health. Just got him home and he's indoors tonight as he's very mucky underneath and I want to watch him overnight before I clean him up. He's travelled from Kent in one day.

But boy are we glad he's arrived.

Arrival002.jpg

This is his derriere

Furless and boney.

Arrival004.jpg

The good news is that he is so hungry he immediately started tucking into the hay in the carrier and his personality is wonderful; not at all timid and I know he will thrive with the right care.

Last edited:
Budgie cage??? FFS!!! Its so disheartening to work at bunny healthcare and husbandry when folk just go ahead and do things like this!!
Snuggles from me for this dear wee boy.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alfie and I think he's very handsome... and extremely lucky to have found his way to you. :love::love::love:

So he ate well overnight and it almost looks like he'd not been fed.

Sadly what is evident after handling him a wee bit now is that he has no tail left; it's just a stump and I can feel the tip of the bone. He can also not weight bare on his front feet, in particular on his right. This may just be sore of of course it could be a break or sprain, and a vet trip this morning will tell us, but having gently inspected both feet he clearly has no fur at all underneath the one he is holding up and a lump, that resembles guinea pig bumblefoot under the other.

All tht said, he is bright, inquisitive and obviously used to having to deal with the 'pain' and condtion that he finds himself in.

I administered pain relief last night to tide him over and allow him to settle but hopefully a vet opinion and treatment of some kind this morning will make him feel at least a bit better.

I'm speechless :shock: Thank crumbs he's found his way to you. Lots of healing vibes sent his way. He really is handsome :love:

Bless him poor boy :cry: So pleased he's now safe with you & can look forward to a happy future. Good luck at the vets :wave:

Hope the vet visit goes well. He deserves some love and happiness - and to be pain free - poor little love:love:

Well done Jens and Helen on this one.

A budgy cage? WTF? Thats just cruelty :(

He's a good looking chap and i hope you can help him :)

Poor little boy, wish we could put his previous owner in the Budgie cage and see how they like it!!

Hope all goes well at the vets and that he has a long and happy life ahead of him now xx

In sincerely hope the person responsible for this is being prosecuted.

Poor poor beautiful bun :cry: He has such a lovely face :love: I shall be following his story with interest and hope that everything he has can be fixed to make him a well bun very soon x

He's a lucky bun in good hands now. Beautiful boy.

Do you have the piggy too? Hope he's with someone good too.

Back