• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taken in 22 rabbits

elaine

Mama Doe
I went to a girl last night that I have previously taken 13 rabbits off and she had 20 rabbits living in a 3ft hutch literally stacked onto of each other, it was a dark garage no lights no windows. I decided rather than take them I would report them which I did last night and the Inspector went in this morning and has removed them they are all here sigh all needing ongoing vet treatment and neutering and have bites and sore eyes etc They are all not in seperate cages and can't believe they can move around, the girl is being prosecuted

What a relief you've got them.

How can someone think to keep animals like that? Even a child can see it's not right :(

OMG :evil:

Glad that they're safe with you now and will get the attention they deserve.

How awful!! Glad she will be prosecuted and that you have them safe.
I hope you will manage to rehome them all.
sue:wave:

:shock: Oh my goodness. Poor buns :( I hope she gets more than a slap on the wrist. :evil:

Well in my RSPCA magazine someone whose dog had eaten underwear and was malnourished but lived was prosecuted for £500 and wasn't allowed to keep animals for five years. The couple who let their rabbit starve to death while they walked past it every day got fine for £250 and banned from keeping animals for three years. Makes me feel sick.

It must have taken an amazing amount of will power on your part to not just snatch them and run on the first occassion.
Well done for getting her reported - I really hope some justice is served.

Be lovely to see some pics once you've got them settled:D

It really is sickening what some people will put animals through. What on earth are they thinking? Well doe getting them out!

Poor buns!
Hope you can get them all helped and rehomed soon!

PS love the young buns you're looking to rehome, but FFiL is still being stubborn about getting Ben a companion... silly man!

Hope she gets banged up for this!

Back