• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Nottingham/Derby

Joh619

Alpha Buck
Hey,

I know there's a few people around this area on here. Does anyone know anywhere that's still got bales of hay for sale? I just went to my usual farm and they have none and wont until the end of august. He said he doesn't know of anyone else locally who'd have some either as nothing's grown so far :(

I got a bale of straw to use as bedding for the moment and they still have their burns green oat hay, but I may have to resort to just grabbing some from P@H :(

Spring farm on spring lane have bales i normlly get mine from martins farm but they have none till end of july

Only found this place a few weeks ago, I got a massive bag of hay (they do straw to) for £2.50 as I didnt have room for a bale. I must have got 5 times the amount of hay than I used to in a £2.99 bag from P@H.

Bales are £5 - £5.50 I think.

springfarmshop.co.uk

Springfarm Trowell
Trowell
Nottingham
NG9 3PQ
0115 9282 076

Thanks for the info both :)

I actually drive past that one in Trowell every day :oops: I didn't even know it was there. I'll have to pop in on the weekend when I've got some cash.

Only found this place a few weeks ago, I got a massive bag of hay (they do straw to) for £2.50 as I didnt have room for a bale. I must have got 5 times the amount of hay than I used to in a £2.99 bag from P@H.

Bales are £5 - £5.50 I think.

springfarmshop.co.uk

Springfarm Trowell
Trowell
Nottingham
NG9 3PQ
0115 9282 076

Amy has been using this place as well. I shall be paying them a visit in the not too distant future methinks! :)

If anyone's after hay from here they might need to be quick! I went there this morning and they said they're "rationing" the hay out and there were only 3 bales when I got there (I got one). It looked a bit sad as well, but I guess its probably been sitting around for a while if they're trying to make them last.

Can't wait for my usual farm to get more though - its cheaper and looks a lot nicer :)

Plus I'm now paranoid coz I parked my car down the road from work and I'm sure someone will probably think it's a good idea to set fire to a car with a bale of hay in it :(

Why is there a hay shortage? don't know a lot about hay but has there been a short growing season or not good weather for growing?

Thankfully i still have half a bale so should be OK until Martins get more in. Mine take ages to get through a bale, about 4 months or so, and I give them quite a lot and they eat it all the time.

Why is there a hay shortage? don't know a lot about hay but has there been a short growing season or not good weather for growing?

Thankfully i still have half a bale so should be OK until Martins get more in. Mine take ages to get through a bale, about 4 months or so, and I give them quite a lot and they eat it all the time.

I think it's been a very poor harvest, probably due to the dry weather.

Back