• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still got uneaten caeotrophs - Update Vets today 15th

clarebear

Mama Doe
Bungee still has uneaten caeotrophs :( Only feeding her hay and water....maybe the ocassional treat. Why is this? :(

Last edited:
Little bits of dried apple, she did have a fenugreek crunchie yesterday too.

Sounds like her tummy may be well out of kilter - i'd go for water/hay ONLY no treats etc.

Hope others with other dietary knowledge come along soon,

Sounds like her tummy may be well out of kilter - i'd go for water/hay ONLY no treats etc.

Hope others with other dietary knowledge come along soon,

Thank you. She's been like this for a few weeks now, so have just been giving hay and water.....I guess maybe it takes time. Vets tomorrow for her vaccination, so I can ask them too.

Thank you. She's been like this for a few weeks now, so have just been giving hay and water.....I guess maybe it takes time. Vets tomorrow for her vaccination, so I can ask them too.

Let the vet know BEFORE the vaccination is given. The vet may not want to give a vaccination to a bun with a possible health issue as it could make it 1000 times worse.

Gut issues can take days, weeks, months to get better, depends on the bun im afraid :)

Lots of vibes for her!

Let the vet know BEFORE the vaccination is given. The vet may not want to give a vaccination to a bun with a possible health issue as it could make it 1000 times worse.

Gut issues can take days, weeks, months to get better, depends on the bun im afraid :)

Lots of vibes for her!

Thank you for that warning....I didn't know that! Trouble is she needs her vaccs to go into boarding while we are on holiday at the end of the month. She's only four months, so I didn't know if it was because she is still so young.

I'll be sure to tell the vet in the morning before he does anything.

She's a happy little thing - doesn't stop eating hay and drinking water!

Thank you for your help :wave:

Thank you for that warning....I didn't know that! Trouble is she needs her vaccs to go into boarding while we are on holiday at the end of the month. She's only four months, so I didn't know if it was because she is still so young.

I'll be sure to tell the vet in the morning before he does anything.

She's a happy little thing - doesn't stop eating hay and drinking water!

Thank you for your help :wave:

If she can't be vacc'd, you may have to think of an alternative plan quickly, so be prepared for that.

Good luck for the vets :)

Too much fruit always gives Mini uneaten cecals. She gets fruit about once every few months now. A VERY rare treat.

Bungee wasn't able to be vaccinated today because of her poorly tum. She has been given Fibreplex to have over the next few days and is going back on Friday, hopefully for her vaccination. They also clipped the matted fur around her bum. The vet said it was probably diarrhoea rather than uneaten caeotrophs, possible due to her having eaten something she shouldn't of.....leaves I should think.

Fingers crossed for Friday.

I am going to visit the Bunny Boarding place today, do you think I should mention this to them?

Bungee wasn't able to be vaccinated today because of her poorly tum. She has been given Fibreplex to have over the next few days and is going back on Friday, hopefully for her vaccination. They also clipped the matted fur around her bum. The vet said it was probably diarrhoea rather than uneaten caeotrophs, possible due to her having eaten something she shouldn't of.....leaves I should think.

Fingers crossed for Friday.

I am going to visit the Bunny Boarding place today, do you think I should mention this to them?

Hope the vet can help her :)

Yes, definately.

For some buns it can take MONTHS of hay and water only to properly rebalance the caecum and clear up dysbiosis. Important to rule out any other physiological or behavioural trigger first though through your vet. I would omit ALL treats for now and stick to hay and water and maybe some dried leaves/herbs. :wave:

Thank you. I am gutted about this, feel like I've not been looking after her properly :cry:

Not at all. If that was the case, you wouldnt be taking her to the vets etc.

Be calm and happy that you are trying.

You'll get there, its just a case of time.

Back