• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space v Time

At the moment Maisie has the whole kitchen to herself, exposed wires have been bunny proof but she's never chewed anything. I spend a lot of time with her through out the day but due to hubby being rather ill, i have to go back to work full time so wouldn't be able to spend as much time with her. Her being in the kitchen is getting tricky because now she's bigger shes jumping on things (her cage) i worry she'll get a leg caught and get hurt.

I was thinking about getting her a dog crate for the front room but i don't want her in a cage for 10hrs a day unless it was a mahoosive one. There is no way we could bunny proof the front room enough for it to be safe for her to free range.
I don't no what is better having less space but being in with me and hubby or the space of the kitchen with less company.
The plan was to get her a husbun when she's been spayed but with hubbys medical issues its not really feasible!

How about covering the cage top with a nice big piece of cardboard? That way she won't hurt herself if she jumps on top. If your hubby is at home he could have her in with him while you're out, and he can supervise, and then she can go back in the kitchen when you get back. Or you could move her outside into a shed or hutch - only if you bond her with somebun first of course.

i think we've go a solution,
the cage is next to the door that leads to the hall by the kitchen (sorry can't think of a better way to describe it)
Hubby is contemplating 2 options, making a tunnel that she could run through to the kitchen throughout the day or blocking off part the front room and hall so she can run straight through, So she'll have the benefit of the large play area in the kitchen and being in the front room which will be alot cooler, as its getting a bit warm in there, esp when we cook!

♥Maisie's Mumma♥;4740820 said:
i think we've go a solution,
the cage is next to the door that leads to the hall by the kitchen (sorry can't think of a better way to describe it)
Hubby is contemplating 2 options, making a tunnel that she could run through to the kitchen throughout the day or blocking off part the front room and hall so she can run straight through, So she'll have the benefit of the large play area in the kitchen and being in the front room which will be alot cooler, as its getting a bit warm in there, esp when we cook!

That sounds great! Lucky girl. Maybe you could use those 'runaround run' things?

Back