• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Huge Intake update 28/6 post 52

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Next week we will be taking in 29 rabbits :shock:
Tragically their owner has been diagnosed with liver cancer and has to give up her pets.:cry:
Most are nethies or nethie x's, none neutered or vacs
one other rescue has offered to help with some..
So watch this space

Last edited:
Oh gosh. I would offer to help (foster rather than rescue), but I'm a bit far away. Here's hoping they are healthy. Good luck!

:shock::shock: 29?? Wow. It's so sad when people have to give up their pets because of illness. x

crikey jill ..thats a lot :shock:

sadly we are full ..two coming this evening in im going to have to put them in my bedroom i think :roll:

good luck with them .

crikey jill ..thats a lot :shock:

sadly we are full ..two coming this evening in im going to have to put them in my bedroom i think :roll:

good luck with them .

that's ok Angie..we know most are full..I did contact Tracy who has kindly offered to take some ..if she has space..but we know we may have to keep them all here
The lady is devastated..a terminal illness then parting with pets:cry:

Gosh! 29 is a lot of rabbits! I wish I could take some here, but my two are house rabbits and free range and I have no outdoor accommodation.

Please do keep us posted!:)

Very very sad :cry:

If you would like to help but you can't do so by either re-homing a bun or by sending a donation, maybe you could print out some posters and put them up at your local school, post office, supermarket, village notice board, your car etc? Remember, we re-home nationally :D

Please pm for more details :D:wave:

Last edited:
oh that poor poor lady! how very sad:(

i know the buns will be ok - and hopefully find homes soon - but my heart bleeds for their owner:(

one kind person has already offered a donation of pellets..thank you Ali x:D

I will be running a small fundraiser for these...when they arrive:D

I'd like to take part in a fundraiser for them :) Did you recieve the code I sent you? I can go out earlier and get some more food, I'll be needing some soon, and see if I can send a little donation with it?

one kind person has already offered a donation of pellets..thank you Ali x:D

I will be running a small fundraiser for these...when they arrive:D

You are very welcome, I cannot imagine how much resource and time these are all going to need. It is very very sad for the lady, do you have an idea of the rabbits' condition?

Back