• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig advice

unalakey

Mama Doe
I have just had a phone call from a friend of a friennd asking can i take in two guinea pigs sex unknown:roll: Im not certain of age yet but their 4 yr old daughter is bored with them after 4 days:censored::evil:. This person said all they do is hide and they are terrified when she grabs them:roll::roll::(. I couldnt say no has he then told me he has though about setting them free!!!:evil: I have asked for their cage as i dont want him to get anything else, although he did say she needs something abit livelier:shock::evil:. I have talked him out of getting a rabbit, telling them they can be very vicious:oops: I have no accomadation at present for the piggies as i have three old ladies (piggies) and a single female (wont bond with another pig) and a single unneutered male. Will they be ok in an indoor cage outside in my shed for now?? All my piggies live outside, i will make sure that they have plenty of bedding and are covered over at night? This is temporary as i do have a spare hutch (in the shed) that they can use in a couple of weeks ( i have a piggie here on holiday atm):)

hi this time of year the pigs will be fine outside in shed, and if they are still young and male they could easily be bonded with your male pig and live with him and he will look after them if they are still under around 8 weeks , i have a old male and he looks after any babies i have (males) :)

Oh i hope they are young and definately male then, will check when they arrive, they are coming Thursday, the sooner the better!!

Back